Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
First, a Store Explosion.
Then, a Police Car Blast
Feb 6, 2021 9:00 AM CST
First, a Store Explosion. Then, a Police Car Blast
3 are said to be dead, multiple people wounded in Kabul, Afghanistan
- Two separate explosions rocked the Afghan capital of Kabul on Saturday, killing at least three people, including members of the minority Sikh community, and wounding four others, Afghan officials said. The first explosion hit a store in the heart of the capital, causing it to collapse and kill at least...
FBI: DC Pipe Bombs Were
Planted Night Before Riot
Jan 29, 2021 1:17 PM CST
FBI: DC Pipe Bombs Were Planted Night Before Riot
There's now $100K reward for suspect in security footage shown by 'Washington Post'
- A $100,000 reward is up for grabs as the FBI says it's using "every tool in our toolbox" to track down the person or persons responsible for planting two pipe bombs near the US Capitol. An FBI release on Friday noted that on Jan. 5, the day...
Oct 13, 2020 12:13 PM CDT
Giant WWII Bomb Explodes During Defusing
It was under water, and no injuries were reported near Swinoujscie, Poland
- A plan to safely defuse an enormous World War II bomb found in Poland didn't go according to plan on Tuesday. The six-ton British "Tallboy," found under water last year in a canal in the city of Swinoujscie, instead detonated, reports the BBC . Luckily, nobody was hurt,...
Outs Portland Protester
Aug 1, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
'Trump-Loving Grandma' Outs Portland Protester
Karla Fox, 69, tells the 'New York Post' that it was her grandson
- The identity of a bomb-throwing Portland protester remained obscure until someone claimed to know him: none other than his "Trump-loving grandma," the
New York Post
reports. Karla Fox tells the newspaper she identified her grandson, 18-year-old Gabriel "Rico" Agard-Berryhill, by the olive-colored vest she bought him with...
US Air Force: Yep, We
Bombed Japan by Mistake
May 2, 2020 10:30 AM CDT
US Air Force: Yep, We Bombed Japan by Mistake
And here's how it happened
- Nothing like having a 500-pound bomb land on your property—but that's what someone experienced in Japan last year. A US Air Force F-16 fighter was flying a training mission in November when the pilot dropped a GBU-12 Paveway II bomb near Daughon Bombing Range in Aomori Prefecture,
Hiker Makes an Odd
Discovery at Hawaii Volcano
in case you missed it
Mar 21, 2020 1:00 PM CDT
Hiker Makes an Odd Discovery at Hawaii Volcano
Decades-old bombs found in Mauna Loa, part of an experiment to slow lava flow
- A hiker traipsing around Hawaii's Mauna Loa volcano came across a strange find last month: two rusty, decades-old bombs, both unexploded. But as Live Science reports, the find by Kawika Singson has a logical explanation, one that goes back to the 1930s. Back then, a prominent Hawaiian volcanologist pushed...
A 'Worrisome' Development:
Iran 'Has a Pathway to a Bomb'
Mar 4, 2020 6:11 AM CST
A 'Worrisome' Development: Iran 'Has a Pathway to a Bomb'
IAEA reports say Iran's low-enriched uranium stockpile has tripled
- When the Trump administration took the US out of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, the idea was to instead impose sanctions to pressure Iran to stop developing its nuclear program. Now, "the numbers suggest a different reality"—that Iran "now has a pathway to a bomb,"...
Bomb Could've Wiped
Out 5 Football Fields
Jan 14, 2020 9:55 AM CST
Prosecutor: Suspects' Bomb Could've Wiped Out 5 Football Fields
Murder, attempted murder are said to have preceded Dec. 10 attack
- The pair who opened fire on a kosher supermarket in Jersey City, NJ, last month had more victims than initially thought. A .22-caliber handgun found in Francine Graham and David Anderson's rental van was used to fire two rounds that struck the vehicle of a "visibly Jewish" man...
What Her Parents
Found Got Her Arrested
Oct 5, 2019 9:30 AM CDT
What Her Parents Found Got Her Arrested
Michelle Louise Kolts, 27, had a shocking stash of weaponry
- A Florida woman was arrested Friday after her parents made a terrifying find in her bedroom, Fox News reports. Michelle Louise Kolts, 27, had apparently stashed two dozen pipe bombs, other weapons, and books and DVDs on subjects including bomb-making and mass killing. (See tweeted images of her alleged weaponry...
He Unnerved a
2016. Now, an
Aug 10, 2019 6:00 AM CDT
He Unnerved a Neighborhood in 2016. Now, an Unnerving Arrest
Feds say Conor Climo plotted to attack Jews, LGBT bar patrons in Las Vegas
- Jews in synagogues and LGBT bar patrons were allegedly a Las Vegas man's targets—and he was working up a plan to attack them, the FBI says. NBC News reports 23-year-old Conor Climo was arrested Thursday and charged with possession of an unregistered firearm, which a Justice Department release...
Draw Claims of 'Privilege'
Jul 9, 2019 9:30 AM CDT
Wimbledon Fines Draw Claims of 'Privilege'
Fabio Fognini given slap on the wrist for saying club should be bombed
- "I wish a bomb would explode on this club. A bomb should explode here," Italian tennis star Fabio Fognini announced during his third-round loss at Wimbledon on Saturday, per Yahoo . The 10th-ranked player, apparently upset about the condition of the grass court, was subsequently fined nearly $3,000—...
Cops: Man Rigged Toolbox
for Disgusting Explosion
May 6, 2019 3:36 AM CDT
Cops: Man Rigged Toolbox for Disgusting Explosion
It was packed with all the dog poop he could find
- A different kind of "dirty" bomb: An Oregon man who was angry at a former friend created a dog poop bomb in a toolbox and left it on the back of the man's vehicle, police say. According to court papers, the toolbox was rigged to explode when it...
WWII Bomb Detonated,
Shattering Windows and
Apr 24, 2019 1:11 PM CDT
WWII Bomb Detonated, Shattering Windows and Damaging Roofs
Thousands of unexploded bombs are found in Germany each year
- The controlled detonation of an American World War II bomb in the southern German city of Regensburg has still caused widespread damage to nearby houses, the AP reports. Some 4,500 residents had to be evacuated from the area before experts performed the detonation. A spokeswoman for the Bavarian city,...
Cops: Their Truck Was
Bombed—Because of a Honk
Apr 3, 2019 9:09 AM CDT
Cops: Their Truck Was Bombed—Because of a Honk
'Grievance-fueled violence' follows incident in McDonald's drive-thru
- A couple honked at a female driver they thought might hit their vehicle in a McDonald’s drive-thru in Australia on Feb. 22. The next day, the windows of their Ford Ranger pickup were smashed, reports the
. Less than two weeks later, a bomb placed beneath the truck exploded....
They Blamed Politics for Their
Plot. A Judge Didn't Buy It
Jan 26, 2019 1:30 PM CST
They Blamed Politics for Their Plot. A Judge Didn't Buy It
Members of 'The Crusaders' militia group get 25+ years each
- They blamed America's divisive politics, but a judge dismissed that. "We have extremely divisive elections because our system is to resolve those through elections and not violence," said US District Judge Eric Melgren at an emotional hearing Friday for three men convicted of plotting to blow up...
2-Year Streak of
Tourists Safe in
Egypt Has Ended
Dec 28, 2018 1:13 PM CST
2-Year Streak of Tourists Safe in Egypt Has Ended
Roadside bomb hits tour bus near Giza pyramids, killing 2 and injuring 12
- A roadside bomb hit a tourist bus on Friday in an area near the Giza pyramids, killing two Vietnamese tourists and wounding 12 other people, Egypt's Interior Ministry said in a statement. It said the bus was traveling in the Marioutiyah area near the pyramids when the crude roadside...
He Couldn't Save
Nov 23, 2018 12:15 PM CST
He Couldn't Save Farmhand's Horse. The Farmhand Retaliated
Douglas Holley gets 105 years in prison for planting pipe bomb under veterinarian's bed
- A northwest Louisiana farmhand has been sentenced to 105 years after being convicted of planting a pipe bomb under the bed of the man and wife he worked for in retaliation for the man's failure to save his horse. "I'm going to remove you from normal society,...
How Bad Spelling
Oct 27, 2018 12:00 PM CDT
How Bad Spelling Doomed Sayoc
Authorities didn't just use fingerprints
- Cellphone pings, DNA, and misspelled words all helped authorities to find and arrest suspected bomb-mailer Cesar Sayoc on Friday, CNN reports. Law enforcement officials say they got a big break Thursday when five of the packages were traced to a processing and distribution center in Opa-Locka, near Miami. When DNA...
'Explosive Devices' Addressed
to Hillary, Obama Are Found
Oct 24, 2018 8:35 AM CDT
'Explosive Devices' Addressed to Hillary, Obama Are Found
Secret Service issues statement
- A six-inch pipe bomb was sent to George Soros two days ago, and two officials tell the
New York Times
that similar devices were intercepted while en route to Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama's offices. The AP called Clinton's a "functional explosive device." The
Soldier Gets 11 Years for
Detonating Chemical Weapon
Sep 25, 2018 10:05 AM CDT
Soldier Gets 11 Years for Detonating Chemical Weapon
'Everything I had worked so hard for, given my all for, was ripped away from me,' one victim says
- He'd faced up to life in prison, but Ryan Keith Taylor got a decidedly lighter sentence after pleading guilty to setting off a bomb near a US Army post in April 2017. CNN reports the 24-year-old got hit with just over 11 years behind bars for "manufacturing, possessing,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Video Emerges of Giuliani Incident at Grocery Store
Cops: Subway Worker Killed Over Mayo Complaint
Jan. 6 Panel Calls Surprise Hearing
AP Sees a 'Political Shift' That Should Scare Democrats
Why Some Jews, Muslims, See Roe Reversal as an Attack
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.