Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Heinz Finally OKs
Don Draper's Ketchup Ad
Mar 14, 2017 2:21 PM CDT
Heinz Finally OKs Don Draper's Ketchup Ad
Good things come to those who wait, 'Mad Men'
- Don Draper just landed a big account at the ripe old age of 91, as Heinz has decided that the fictional version of itself depicted in a 2013
episode made a judgment error in rejecting his 1960s ketchup idea. Draper's pitch—the burger, the fries, the steak,...
Trump Campaign Paid $35K to
'Draper Sterling' for Advertising
Jun 21, 2016 1:41 PM CDT
Trump Campaign Paid $35K to 'Draper Sterling' for Advertising
And it only gets weirder
- Among the revelations in the Trump campaign's May FEC report—it spent more than $200,000 on hats, is basically broke —was the intriguing detail that it paid $35,000 to
characters. ThinkProgress reports the campaign made four total payments on the same day to "...
Mar 25, 2015 12:22 AM CDT
Jon Hamm Completes Alcohol Rehab
He seeks help ahead of final 'Mad Men' season debut
- Jon Hamm, who stars as hard-drinking Don Draper in
, has taken steps to deal with issues of his own. He has completed a 30-day rehab program for alcohol addiction at what TMZ calls a "high-end facility" in Connecticut, just ahead of the April 5 debut of the...
as Don Draper
Apr 13, 2012 1:28 PM CDT
Obama Camp Depicts Romney as Don Draper
Strategy is to depict him as living in the past: Politico
- The political story generating the most buzz today seems to be "The Draperizing of Mitt Romney" by Politico . In it, the writers make the case that team Obama is trying to equate Romney with Don Draper of
, basically "a hopelessly retro figure who, on policy and...
'Zou Bisou Bisou'
Mar 28, 2012 1:15 AM CDT
Releasing 'Zou Bisou Bisou'
Sexy earworm single a sign of their times
- It's a product campaign worthy of Madison Avenue brains: Introduce a catchy "earworm" song during a popular TV series, then release it as a single. That's what
is doing with the addictive sexy French ditty everyone is humming: "Zou Bisou Bisou," sung to...
Mar 26, 2012 12:22 PM CDT
Return Slow but Satisfying
Critics just happy Don Draper is back
- Critics eager for the return of
weren't blown away by the first episode of the fifth season—but that doesn't mean the show has lost its magic. What they're saying:
"I'm glad to have
back, but 'A Little Kiss' was
's Back With a Bang
in case you missed it
Mar 24, 2012 8:10 AM CDT
's Back With a Bang
Fifth season debuts tomorrow
- Get ready for the booze-guzzling, nicotine-addicted, super suave sexists to grapple with the '60s again as
launches its fifth season. Devoted fans waiting 17 long months for the Madison Avenue ad men—and Peggy—to strut again will be rewarded tomorrow with a "brilliant" two-hour debut,...
Valentine a ...
Jan 29, 2012 4:32 PM CST
Give Your Valentine a ... 'Hamm-O-Gram'
$5 gets you Jon Hamm's face and a unique love note
- Roses. Chocolate. Scented Candles. Jon Hamm's face. These are the perfect Valentine's Day gifts. The first three you'll have to take care of yourself, but for only $5, you can send your sweetheart a Hamm-O-Gram , a valentine card featuring the handsome mug of
Aug 23, 2011 3:21 AM CDT
Kid Actor Slams Chilly January Jones
Be careful around her, 'son' Jared Gilmore warns replacement
- Sounds like January Jones is as icy as the mom she portrays on
. Kid actor Jared Gilmore, who plays the son of Jones' Betty and Don Draper, had some dissing words of advice for his replacement. "Be careful around January. She's not as approachable as the...
Ad World and ...
Apr 16, 2011 11:42 AM CDT
Reality TV Examines Ad World and ... Homeland Security?
AMC plans two new shows
- Do real ad men look like Don Draper? How many threats does the Department of Homeland Security investigate on a daily basis? The answers to these questions and more will be discovered with AMC's first foray into reality TV. The
network plans two new, real-life series:
Mattel Rolls Out
don, betty, and more
Mar 10, 2010 11:12 AM CST
Mattel Rolls Out
Mattel unveils dolls based on the TV characters
- Have you ever wanted to dress up Don Draper? Well, now you can. Mattel is rolling out a line of
Barbie dolls. They’ll be the first offering in the Barbie Fashion Model Collection, a high-priced line of figures aimed at adult collectors based on TV properties. Only...
Come Out Swinging
CHEATERS, MEET 9-IRON
Dec 3, 2009 6:48 AM CST
Scorned Women Come Out Swinging
Stand by your man? In 2009, his Escalade meets your golf club
- The meek may inherit the earth, but swinging a mean golf club may do a lot more for the soul. Shutting up and smiling through a husband's humiliating infidelities appears to be a thing of the past as women from Elin Nordegren Woods to Jenny Sanford, Betty Draper and even...
Dress Like a
Man for $998
Oct 14, 2009 1:32 PM CDT
Dress Like a
Man for $998
Mad Men 's Don Draper, John Slattery inspire real-life Brooks Brothers suits
- Need an excuse to chain smoke and drink excessively in true 1960s style? No problem: Come Monday, you can dress up like
’s Don Draper for a mere $998. Brooks Brothers, which has collaborated on the show’s costumes, is rolling out 250 of the “
Man of 2009 Is...
Oct 8, 2009 4:18 PM CDT
Most Influential Man of 2009 Is... Don Draper?
The winner isn't even real, and Usain Bolt leaves Obama in his dust
- The most influential man of 2009—at least in the eyes of AskMen.com readers—isn't actually a man. He's a fictional creation, none other than Don Draper
. "In a turbulent 2009, men are seeking the stability of tradition in the masculine qualities that they imagine...
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Teenager Thought He Bought a Percocet. It Killed Him
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Parliament Nears Outlawing Adultery and Insulting President
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.