Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mutt Goes From
to Rose Parade
Dec 19, 2013 12:13 AM CST
Mutt Goes From Gas Chamber to Rose Parade
He's 'spokesdog' for drive to end inhumane treatment
- Two years after he was put in a steel box and gassed with carbon monoxide, a beagle mix with a knack for survival will be proudly riding a float in Pasadena's Rose Parade. Daniel was six months old when he was placed with 17 other dogs in a gas...
Jan 2, 2012 2:43 PM CST
Thousands Occupy the Rose Parade
Protest peaceful, but at times contentious
- It wasn't all rosy at today's Rose Parade, as Occupiers marched at the end of the festivities, eliciting both applause and cries of "Get a job" and "You guys had your 15 minutes." "You people are no more than communist revolutionaries who destroy our...
Occupy's Rose Parade
Float: Giant Octopus
Dec 30, 2011 3:52 PM CST
Occupy's Rose Parade Float: Giant Octopus
It symbolizes the greedy clutches of Wall Street
- Occupy Los Angeles activists are staging a protest at Monday's Rose Parade in Pasadena with their very own float: a 70-by-40-foot octopus made of recycled plastic bags. More than 1,000 Occupiers are expected to join the demonstration, reports the
Los Angeles Times
, and organizers promise to keep it...
Nov 11, 2011 11:07 AM CST
Protesters Will Occupy Rose Parade
Will display giant banner, march in 'human float'
- Occupy protesters are taking to the streets in Pasadena—alongside floats and high school bands. Aiming to get the movement more national exposure, Occupiers plan to set up bases alongside the annual Tournament of Roses Parade, where they’ll put on a peaceful display of their own. Among the highlights:...
Leads Rose Parade
Jan 1, 2010 12:39 PM CST
Sullenberger Leads Rose Parade
Hero of Flight 1549 feted in home state
- Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger made a splash 3,000 miles from the Hudson River today, serving as grand marshal of the 121st annual Tournament of Roses Parade through the streets of Pasadena, Calif. This year's parade celebrated everyday heroes—a perfect fit for the captain of US Airways Flight 1549,...
Popular on Newser
A Model Died After an LA Party. Now Her Friend Is Brain-Dead
China, or Disney, Did a Number on Homer
61 People Have Been Stuck in a Pub Since Friday
Jack Dorsey: Yes, I'm Leaving Twitter
Omicron Variant Detected in North America
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.