Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Facebook Is About to Look Very Different
News Feed getting revamp to boost 'relevancy'
- Logging on to Facebook soon won't be the same old-same old: The site will today announce a major revamp of its News Feed, a redesign that the
Los Angeles Times
describes as the biggest in the feature's nearly seven-year history. The company has stayed fairly mum on what'...
Facebook Timeline: Is Big Brother Boring?
Writers sound off on big changes
- The hype surrounding yesterday’s big Facebook announcement wasn’t misplaced: This really was a massive status update, and as you might expect, it’s generating a lot of comments. Here’s what people are saying:
“Timeline brings a long-overdue overhaul to Facebook’s interface,” which previously looked
Facebook Overhauls News Feed
Now, 'Top News' is always on top of page
- Facebook rolled out a dramatic new redesign today, that’s designed to turn Facebook into “your own personal newspaper.” Gone is the option to toggle between “Top Stories” and the “Most Recent” updates; now the stories Facebook deems “Top Stories” will always be on top,...
Angry Facebook Users Search for the Exit
Open-source Facebook rival gathers steam
- The newest and hottest Facebook trend is quitting Facebook. Some of the site's 400 million users—including several high-profile technology pundits—have been deleting their accounts, citing privacy concerns. The social networking site doesn't release statistics on how many people scuttle their accounts, but Google searches on how to quit...
Shy people have a lot of clicking to do
New York Times
notes. And that's assuming you understand all the...
Soon, Facebook Will Know Where You Are
Social networking site readies location-based technology
- The latest evidence Facebook is trying to take over the world: The site will soon launch geolocation applications, directly competing with Foursquare and other location-based social networks. What does that mean for you? Soon, telling all your friends you’re at McDonald’s will be even quicker and easier. Mickey...
Senators to Facebook: Privacy Changes Suck
Oh, and fancy an FTC investigation?
- It's not just tech geeks freaking out about the new Facebook changes; apparently they're causing hand-wringing in the very halls of Congress. Four Democratic senators—Chuck Schumer, Al Franken, Mark Begich and Michael Bennet—have sent an open letter to Mark Zuckerberg complaining that the changes give users less control...
Facebook Has a Bullseye on Its Back
Google and Apple will try to kill it, Microsoft to buy it
- Mark Cuban has some good news and some bad news for Facebook. Good news: It's the “new internet,” our go-to place for at-work entertainment. “Everything that the net was 5 or more years ago, Facebook is today,” the entrepreneur and Dallas Mavericks' owner writes on his...
Facebook's 'Like' Button Invades Internet
Changes greeted with concern, hyperbole
- Tech analysts are positively wetting themselves over Facebook's decision to open its social graph to the world and create a web-wide “like” button. “Facebook is basically going to be the web,” Slate's Farhad Manjoo tweeted . The move essentially turns browsing the web from a solitary act into...
Facebook to Create Web-Wide 'Like' Button
Quest for world domination continues
- If you've been trying to avoid getting sucked into Facebook (hi, dad!), it looks like it's going to get a whole lot tougher to do so. In its continued quest for world domination, Facebook will announce plans for a web-wide "Like" button on Wednesday, reports the
Facebook Revamps Homepage for 6th Birthday
Search, messaging more prominent in redesign
- Facebook turns 6 today and it's celebrating with another major redesign of its homepage. The search bar is larger and more prominent, underlining that Facebook is getting serious about search capablities, Mashable notes. Messaging has been made easier and many functions shunted to the applications tab have been returned to...
Popular on Newser
Joe Biden Injures Himself
Monolith in Utah Desert Disappears
Assassination Complicates Biden's Plans
Big Donor on Election Fraud Suits Wants His Money Back
Biden Plans White House Surprise
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.