Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
John Patrick Bedell
Parents Warned Cops About Pentagon Shooter
Bedell had mental issues, maybe a gun
- The man who opened fire in front of the Pentagon last night had a history of mental illness and had become so erratic that his parents reached out to local authorities weeks ago with a warning that he was unstable and might have a gun, authorities said today. Bedell, 36,...
Pentagon Shooter a 'Brilliant' Engineering Student
John Patrick Bedell had a serious pot problem
- John Patrick Bedell, who allegedly opened fire on the Pentagon last night before being shot and killed, was a “brilliant” engineering student with a “severe pot addiction,” according to a family friend. His mother “asked me to help,” says the former teacher. But “there...
Pentagon Shooter Dead; Vented Online About 9/11
Man, 36, also blasted marijuana laws
- Resentment of the US government and suspicions over the 9/11 attacks have surfaced in writings and videos by John Patrick Bedell, the California man identified as the Pentagon shooter . Authorities confirmed this morning that he was killed in the attack, in which he allegedly wounded two Pentagon officers. In one...
Cops ID Pentagon Shooter, Eye Second Man
John Patrick Bedell, 36, showed no emotion
- Authorities have identified the man behind today’s shooting at the Pentagon as John Patrick Bedell, 36, and are seeking a second man in connection with the incident, which left two Pentagon police officers injured and Bedell hospitalized. Sources tell AP that law-enforcement agencies—which now include the Secret Service...
Popular on Newser
Harry Reid: If Dems Win, Give GOP 'No More Than 3 Weeks'
Murkowski: I've Decided About My Barrett Vote
Famous Folk Singer Has 'Gone Fishing' for Good
Reporters Ask McConnell: What's Wrong With Your Health?
Suspected Culprit Emerges in Mystery 'Havana Syndrome'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.