Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
What He Thought
Would Keep Him
Alive: a Football,
Fish, and God
Nov 23, 2018 7:16 AM CST
What He Thought Would Keep Him Alive: a Football, Fish, and God
More on the final hours of John Allen Chau, killed by hostile Sentinelese
- The young American, paddling his kayak toward a remote Indian island whose people have resisted the outside world for thousands of years, believed God was helping him dodge the authorities. "God sheltered me and camouflaged me against the coast guard and the navy," John Allen Chau wrote before...
Set Foot on This Island and
You May Not Leave Alive
in case you missed it
Jul 25, 2015 11:00 AM CDT
Set Foot on This Island and You May Not Leave Alive
Isolated tribe on North Sentinel Island isn't a fan of outsiders
- Sometimes paradise is better off lost: Off the coast of India in the Bay of Bengal, a Manhattan-size island called North Sentinel Island boasts a deep green canopy of trees, stretches of sandy beaches, coral reef barriers—and a population that's decidedly hostile to outsiders, who aren't likely...
India Tourist Ferry
Sinks, Kills 21
Jan 26, 2014 8:21 AM CST
India Tourist Ferry Sinks, Kills 21
13 rescued as officials seek 9 missing
- A boat carrying local tourists capsized today in India's Andaman Sea in the Bay of Bengal, killing 21 people, officials said. Thirteen were rescued, said top Administrator P. Jawahar. Rescuers were looking for another nine people believed to be missing, CNN-IBN television news channel reported. The boat sank off...
India Cracks Down
on 'Human Safaris'
Jan 14, 2012 3:12 PM CST
India Cracks Down on 'Human Safaris'
Naked dancing video sparks nationwide uproar
- Video footage of abused tribal women has triggered a national debate in India and inspired harsh words between police and human rights advocates, the
reports. The so-called "human safari" video shows an off-camera police officer prompting naked women to dance for tourists in return for food on India'...
Tribal Women Ordered
to Dance for Food
Jan 12, 2012 2:25 AM CST
Tribal Women Ordered to Dance for Food
Corrupt cops in India selling 'human safaris'
- Corrupt cops who were supposed to be protecting a recently contacted tribe from the outside world are treating them like performing animals. On the main road through the Jarawa people's forest homeland in India's Andaman Islands, a
journalist saw tribeswomen naked from the waist up ordered to...
Indian Croc Kills US Tourist
May 6, 2010 5:14 AM CDT
Indian Croc Kills US Tourist
Family of NJ woman say there should have been warnings
- The family of a New Jersey woman killed by a crocodile while snorkeling in India's Andaman Islands say she'd be alive today if tourists had been warned that man-eating crocodiles are a serious danger there. Lauren Failla, 25, was killed by a 12-foot crocodile near a resort where she was...
Popular on Newser
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
A $1.2B Ship Was Destroyed. Now, a Sailor Hears His Fate
Day After Illegal Annexation, Russia Loses Key City
Longest-Living President Celebrates 98th Birthday
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.