Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Airline Is First to Test Passengers for Virus
Emirates hopes to make the testing widespread
- Might a jab from a needle become standard protocol for flight check-ins? Emirates Airline tested passengers for COVID-19 on Wednesday before a flight from Dubai to Tunisia, reports NPR . The airline, the first to employ the practice, used a test that produces results in 10 minutes. This was just a...
Airline to Slash Passenger Flights
Emirates will keep hauling cargo while cutting pay but not jobs
- One of the world's biggest long-haul airlines announced Sunday that it will fly passengers to only 13 destinations instead of its usual 145. Emirates Airline had said earlier in the day that it would ground all passenger flights by Wednesday, the AP reports, but reversed itself after governments and...
Travelers Rate the Best Airlines. There's a Returning Champ
Congrats again to Singapore Airlines
- The champ reigns again in TripAdvisor's third annual list of the world's top 10 airlines, as decided by travelers. Singapore Airlines—one of four Asian carriers to make the 2019 list , which is actually chosen by an algorithm based on the quality and quantity of 2018 flier reviews—...
Airbus Gives Up on World's Biggest Passenger Jet
A380 production will end in 2021
- European plane manufacturer Airbus said Thursday it will stop making its superjumbo A380 in 2021 for lack of customers, abandoning the world's biggest passenger jet and one of the aviation industry's most ambitious and most troubled endeavors. Barely a decade after the 500-plus-seat plane started carrying passengers, Airbus...
Traveling in 2019? These Airlines Are the Safest Bet
AirlineRatings.com reveals its top safety picks of 405 airlines
- The world's safest airline for 2019 is also the industry's most experienced, according to AirlineRatings.com . The website, which monitors the safety records of 405 airlines worldwide, considered industry and government audits; crash and incident reports; profitability; safety initiatives; and fleet age in coming up with the 20...
Emirates Flight Quarantined at JFK After Reports of Illness
Port Authority, CDC personnel on the scene
- Something unusual may be afoot on Emirates Flight 203, which landed at John F. Kennedy airport in New York Wednesday and was quarantined, per NBC New York's sources. They say roughly 20% of the 500 passengers on board the flight, which departed from Dubai, reported feeling sick. Sam Sweeney...
One Airline Just Ditched Windows in First Class
Emirates Airlines is giving them 'virtual windows' instead
- This may not be good news to white-knuckle flyers, but Dubai-based Emirates Airlines is testing a new kind of flight experience—one without windows. Instead of looking through actual windows, passengers in the first-class cabin of Emirates’ newest Boeing 777-300ER aircraft will view the outside via images projected by fiber-optic...
Passenger: Airline Booted Me Over Menstrual Cramps
Emirates says crew just wanted her to have access to medical care
- A 24-year-old woman was getting ready to travel from the UK to Dubai when she and her boyfriend were removed from the plane—thanks to her menstrual period, the
Times of London
reports. Beth Evans says that after she boarded the Emirates flight in Birmingham, a flight attendant overheard her...
Emirates Airliner Crash-Lands in Dubai
All 300 onboard reported to be OK
- An Emirates flight from India with 300 people on board crash-landed at Dubai's main airport Wednesday, sending black smoke billowing into the air and halting all traffic at the Middle East's busiest airport. There were no fatalities and all the passengers were safely evacuated before the plane was...
Soccer Team Jerseys Drop Sponsor, Add Paris Tribute
'Je Suis Paris' to temporarily take place of Emirates Airline on Paris team's shirts
- The Paris Saint-Germain soccer team wanted to show the world that its thoughts are with its home city and the victims of the recent terror attacks —so it has (temporarily) ditched a major sponsor from its jerseys and replaced it with a message of solidarity instead, reports For the...
Airline Announces Longest Nonstop Flight in the World
Route from Dubai to Panama City on Emirates will take 17.5 hours
- Seventeen hours and 35 minutes is how long you can expect to be in the air if you book tickets now for the world's longest nonstop flight, set for takeoff from Dubai and landing in Panama City, the
reports. Beginning Feb. 1, Emirates will snatch away those longest-flight...
Emirates Airline Places Record Boeing Order
50 Boeing 777s would be priciest deal ever
- Dubai's fast-growing airline, Emirates, kicked off the region's biggest airshow today with an order for 50 Boeing 777s, which the US-based aircraft maker described as its biggest single order in dollar terms in history. The list price for the deal is $18 billion, but airlines typically negotiate discounts...
Wary of Leaks, FBI Quashed No-Fly Info About Shahzad
Agency feared tipping off would-be bomber
- The FBI identified Faisal Shahzad as the prime suspect in the botched Times Square car bombing within 2 days but specifically notified only certain airlines that he had been added to the no-fly list. His status changed on May 3, but the bureau pressed Homeland Security to limit the number...
Popular on Newser
Joe Biden Injures Himself
Trump Did Not Like What He Saw on 60 Minutes
Her Son Was Killed by Cops. She Was Shot at His Funeral
An Ancient Light Could Undermine Physics
Assassination Complicates Biden's Plans
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.