Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Dec 7, 2022 5:07 PM CST
Biden Signs NDA Limits Into Law
Legislation came out of #MeToo movement and was pushed by Gretchen Carlson
- President Biden signed into law on Wednesday legislation limiting the sweep of confidentiality agreements that can be used to keep victims of sexual harassment in the workplace from speaking out. The president tweeted that the legislation will "increase access to justice," Deadline reports. The legislation, which came out...
Urges Fox to
Dec 13, 2019 6:53 AM CST
Gretchen Carlson Urges Fox to Release Her From NDA
'I want my voice back'
- Gretchen Carlson says that three years after suing former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes for sexual harassment, she finds herself in a surreal situation: Her story has been turned into a movie and a TV mini-series, but she's banned from talking about her experiences. "Three years ago, receiving...
Want to Be
Oct 30, 2019 3:03 PM CDT
Former Fox Employees Want to Be Released From NDAs
Gretchen Carlson, Julie Roginsky talk to CBS This Morning
- NBC said last week it would release former employees from their non-disclosure agreements if asked, and now six former Fox News employees are asking that network to do the same. Among those employees are Gretchen Carlson and Julie Roginsky, who spoke to CBS News about their request. "The way...
Jun 5, 2019 9:55 AM CDT
Another Shake-Up at Miss America
Gretchen Carlson stepping down as board chairwoman
- Pageant officials got their wish : Gretchen Carlson is stepping down as board chairwoman of the Miss America Organization after more than a year , reports the AP . The former Fox News host and former Miss America says in a statement Wednesday that she has helped make the organization more relevant. She'...
The States Revolted, and
Miss America Punished Them
Oct 9, 2018 2:39 PM CDT
The States Revolted, and Miss America Punished Them
Licenses are terminated following calls for Gretchen Carlson's resignation
- Cross Gretchen Carlson and Regina Hopper at your peril, apparently. As individual states called for the two leaders of the Miss America Organization to step down in advance of last month's pageant , little was said by the women, who act as the chairwoman and CEO, respectively. Now, action: Four...
Pageant Officials in 46 States
Want Gretchen Carlson Out
Sep 5, 2018 7:57 AM CDT
Pageant Officials in 46 States Want Gretchen Carlson Out
Revolt brews as Miss America pageant begins
- The post-swimsuit era for the Miss America pageant begins Wednesday night. It does so amid a revolt by state pageant officials unhappy with the way the decision to drop swimsuits was made, and who are demanding that top leadership, including chairwoman Gretchen Carlson, step down. The current Miss America, Cara...
Miss America: This Is
How Bad the Bullying Got
Aug 25, 2018 2:05 PM CDT
Miss America: This Is How Bad the Bullying Got
Cara Mund details her accusations as a former Miss Denver takes her side
- "The treatment just kept getting worse and I kept thinking to myself, 'Is it my fault?'" That's Miss America Cara Mund talking about the alleged mistreatment she endured at the hands of two top officials at the pageant organization, per the
. Alleged bully...
Letter Cost Us $75K
Aug 20, 2018 10:35 AM CDT
Gretchen Carlson: Miss America's Letter Cost Us $75K
Scholarship money was lost, though Carlson doesn't specify how
- Miss America Chairwoman Gretchen Carlson has struck back against the reigning Miss America, saying Cara Mund's allegations that Carlson and others have bullied and silenced her have led to the loss of $75,000 in scholarship money for this year's contestants. In a Twitter post Sunday night, the...
Miss America Has Harsh
Words for Gretchen Carlson
Aug 18, 2018 5:00 AM CDT
Miss America Has Harsh Words for Gretchen Carlson
Cara Mund claims Carlson, CEO Regina Hopper silenced and bullied her
- Gretchen Carlson was installed as chair of the Miss America Organization's board of directors earlier this year in the wake of a scandal that forced out the organization's CEO and other executives after "unacceptable" emails were revealed about past winners. Now, drama of her own for Carlson...
Amid #MeToo, a 'Whole
New Era' for Miss America
Jun 5, 2018 9:25 AM CDT
Amid #MeToo, a 'Whole New Era' for Miss America
- Say goodbye to the swimsuit portion of the 97-year-old Miss America competition, now under female leadership . "We will no longer judge our candidates on their outward physical appearance … and that means we will no longer have a swimsuit competition," Gretchen Carlson, Miss America 1989 and the new...
New Head of Miss America
Board: Gretchen Carlson
Jan 1, 2018 5:00 PM CST
New Head of Miss America Board: Gretchen Carlson
She'll be first former pageant winner to serve as group's leader
- New developments in the Miss America scandal that forced out the organization's CEO and other executives after "unacceptable" emails were revealed about past winners. One of the most vocal critics of the pageant's leadership after the revelations was Gretchen Carlson, a past Miss America winner and former...
Miss America CEO Out
After Vulgar Emails Leaked
Dec 23, 2017 7:17 AM CST
Miss America CEO Out After Vulgar Emails Leaked
Emails mocked past contestants' bodies, smarts, and sex lives
- The Miss America Organization (MAO) suspended CEO Sam Haskell Friday, one day after the HuffPost broke a story revealing three years of internal emails that have not made former pageant contestants happy. Provided by two unidentified sources, the internal documents between Haskell, board members, and others crudely referenced past winners’...
Fox Settles Gretchen Carlson's
Sex Harassment Suit for $20M
Sep 6, 2016 9:13 AM CDT
Fox Settles Gretchen Carlson's Sex Harassment Suit for $20M
And Greta Van Susteren is leaving Fox News
- Gretchen Carlson will take $20 million off Fox News' hands, settling on Roger Ailes' behalf in response to Carlson's sexual harassment and wrongful termination lawsuit, reports
. Included with the settlement is what the magazine calls an "unprecedented" public apology for Carlson, an apparent effort by Fox...
Jul 19, 2016 12:39 PM CDT
Report: Megyn Kelly Says Roger Ailes Harassed Her
The alleged harassment took place a decade or so ago
- Megyn Kelly is telling investigators that Fox News head Roger Ailes sexually harassed her during her early years at the network, two sources with knowledge of the investigation tell Gabriel Sherman at
magazine. Sherman claims Kelly told investigators Ailes "made unwanted sexual advances at her" then described...
Sandwiched by Lawyers, Gretchen Carlson Speaks
Jul 13, 2016 12:19 PM CDT
Sandwiched by Lawyers, Gretchen Carlson Speaks
She gives her first interview since filing her suit last week
- Gretchen Carlson says she "wanted to stand up for myself" and "for other women who maybe faced similar circumstances," in her first interview since suing Fox News chairman Roger Ailes for sexual harassment. She tells the
New York Times
she first complained to Fox in 2009 when...
Jul 11, 2016 4:00 PM CDT
Women Step Forward to Defend, Accuse Roger Ailes
In wake of Gretchen Carlson's suit
- After former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson sued Fox News head Roger Ailes for sexual harassment this week, more than 10 other women contacted her lawyers claiming they'd also been harassed by Ailes, Politico reports.
New York Magazine
spoke to six of the women—three former models, a former...
Ailes Slams 'Retaliatory'
Sex Harassment Lawsuit
Jul 7, 2016 5:17 AM CDT
Ailes Slams 'Retaliatory' Sex Harassment Lawsuit
He says Gretchen Carlson is suing because her contract wasn't renewed
- Gretchen Carlson only filed a sexual harassment lawsuit because her contract wasn't renewed, according to the man she accuses of sexual harassment. The "allegations are false," Fox chairman Roger Ailes said in a statement Wednesday. "This is a retaliatory suit for the network’s decision not...
Sues Roger Ailes
for Sex Harassment
Jul 6, 2016 11:30 AM CDT
Gretchen Carlson Sues Roger Ailes for Sex Harassment
And wrongful termination—she's been let go from Fox
- Gretchen Carlson made waves last month when she voiced approval for an assault weapons ban , but that was nothing compared to the bomb she dropped Wednesday: that she's no longer employed by Fox News and she's filing a sexual harassment and wrongful termination suit against her former boss,...
'War on Christmas'
Dec 4, 2012 8:06 AM CST
Stewart Bombs Fox's 'War on Christmas'
'Christmas is so big, it's eating other holidays'
- It's that most wonderful time of year when Fox News starts drumming up the case for a "War on Christmas," and Jon Stewart isn't putting up with it anymore. Host Gretchen Carlson asked on air whether she was "nuts" to think the war was real,...
College 'Bro': How I Punked Fox
Sep 18, 2012 3:42 AM CDT
College 'Bro': How I Punked Fox
Max Rice promised what program wanted: disenchantment with Obama
- Columbia College Chicago film student Max Rice knew he could snag Fox in a national TV prank after a friend of a friend reached out in a phone call seeking conservative graduates to blast President Obama on television. "When I picked up the phone, my ears perked up at...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.