Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stewart: Please, Stop
With the Chelsea Wedding!
Aug 3, 2010 3:44 AM CDT
Stewart: Please, Stop With the Chelsea Wedding!
Daily Show host mocks nuptuals coverage
- Chelsea Clinton's wedding drew the nation's media to Rhinebeck, New York, but it left them milling about town without anything to report on, Jon Stewart noted as he mercilessly lampooned coverage of the event. Amid the desperate search to find something relevant to report on as the wedding took place...
Aug 1, 2010 5:59 AM CDT
And here are the pics to prove it
- It was high society inside and high security outside as Chelsea Clinton wed her longtime boyfriend at an elegant estate in a Hudson River village where several prominent guests were spotted beforehand, but the husband-and-wife-to-be stayed out of sight. The ceremony was conducted by a rabbi and a reverend as...
Jul 31, 2010 9:10 PM CDT
Bill and Hillary 'watched with great pride'
- Rhinebeck can get back to normal. Chelsea Clinton wed longtime boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky under extraordinary security at an elegant Hudson River estate tonight. (Still no actual wedding photos, though. To see others, click here .) Hundreds of guests gathered near the end of a near-perfect summer day of warm temperatures,...
(Some) Stars Arrive
for Chelsea's Wedding
Jul 31, 2010 3:52 PM CDT
(Some) Stars Arrive for Chelsea's Wedding
Ted Danson, Vera Wang among those in town
- No Oprah sightings yet, but the streets of Rhinebeck are lined with people (and hordes of media) hoping to catch a glimpse of big names arriving to attend Chelsea Clinton's wedding. Ted Danson and wife Mary Steenburgen are among the few celebs talking. “I’ve known her since she...
Rhinebeck Abuzz as
Chelsea's Big Day Dawns
Jul 31, 2010 6:35 AM CDT
Rhinebeck Abuzz as Chelsea's Big Day Dawns
Upstate NY town awash in glow of first daughter's nuptials
- It's probably just a coincidence, what with the kids probably just eloping and all, but Bill and Hillary Clinton were hanging out in Rhinebeck yesterday as wedding fever officially took over the small upstate New York town. Chelsea was nowhere in sight, but Bubba was spotted strolling through town on...
Clinton Wedding Hype
Jul 30, 2010 4:41 PM CDT
Clinton Wedding Hype Tickles Locals
To most residents, tomorrow is just another day
- Chelsea Clinton's secret, secure, star-studded wedding is tomorrow, and after months of rumors, something like bemusement has set in among the residents of Rhinebeck, NY. The locals have been having some fun with
wedding of 2010: "Something wonderful is happening in Rhinebeck on July 31," jokes one...
On Wedding Eve, New Tidbits
chelsea's big day
Jul 30, 2010 10:51 AM CDT
On Wedding Eve, New Tidbits
Chelsea Clinton nuptials frenzy conquers Rhinebeck, NY
- Wedding Watch 2010 is at a fever pitch on the eve of Chelsea Clinton’s nuptials. Security is tight as Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky prepare for tonight’s rehearsal dinner at the Grasmere Estate, a renovated barn, the
New York Daily News
reports. The Secret Service is in town, and...
a No-Fly Zone
plus: her gown is by...
Jul 29, 2010 10:38 AM CDT
Chelsea's Wedding a No-Fly Zone
Rhinebeck, NY, gearing up for the big day
- Paparazzi hoping to get an aerial view of Chelsea Clinton’s nuptials are grounded: The FAA declared the area around her wedding site a temporary no-fly zone, the
New York Times
reports. More from the wedding of the decade:
The white tent and gazebo have been erected at Rhinebeck’s
Journos Busted for
Snapping Pics of
Chelsea Wedding Spot
Jul 23, 2010 5:28 AM CDT
Journos Busted for Snapping Pics of Chelsea Wedding Spot
Norwegians charged with trespassing
- Two Norwegian journalists have been busted for taking photos of the upstate New York site where Chelsea Clinton is expected to get married next week. The pair, picked up near the Astor estate in Rhinebeck, have been charged with trespassing, though their editor says they weren't actually on the property...
Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
Jul 16, 2010 3:37 PM CDT
Mystery Surrounds Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
Former first daughter's nuptial plans keep many guessing
- Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky have scheduled their wedding for July 31 in Rhinebeck, NY , right? Maybe not—or maybe the good people of Rhinebeck are really good liars. The mayor tells the
Wall Street Journal
he's not in the loop and is "very upset," adding, "My...
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
The World Has a New Island
Radio Station's Move Is Bad News for Favre
Florida Is Bracing for a Major Hurricane
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.