Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Holding an AR-15,
Tells Biden to
Try to Take It
Mar 8, 2020 9:56 AM CDT
Holding an AR-15, GOP Lawmaker Tells Biden to Try to Take It
Ken Buck keeps the weapon in his Capitol Hill office
- A Republican member of Congress has posted a challenging, if not threatening, video on gun control. "I have just one message for Joe Biden and Beto O'Rourke," Rep. Ken Buck tweeted . "If you want to take everyone's AR-15s, why don't you swing by my...
DC Cops: Lawmaker's
Assault Rifle Not a Problem
Apr 22, 2015 3:33 AM CDT
DC Cops: Lawmaker's Assault Rifle Not a Problem
Gun laws don't apply to congressman's office
- Critics of conservative GOP Rep. Ken Buck's fondness for guns appear to have shot themselves in the foot. After the congressman tweeted a photo of himself and Rep. Trey Gowdy holding an assault rifle in his office last week, police received complaints that the AR-15 might violate Washington, DC'...
Michael Bennet Wins
Colorado Senate Race
Nov 3, 2010 3:53 PM CDT
Michael Bennet Wins Colorado Senate Race
Democrat keeps GOP from gaining another seat
- Turns out, incumbent Democrat Michael Bennet wasn't premature in declaring himself the winner of Colorado's Senate race. After today's counting, there's no way GOP challenger Ken Buck can catch him, reports the AP . With 97% of returns in, he's got a lead of more than 15,000 votes. Buck, however,...
8 Senate Races to Watch
Nov 2, 2010 7:44 AM CDT
8 Senate Races to Watch
These races will decide just how good the GOP's night is
- It’s Election Day, folks, and we're here to give you the low-down. All eyes are certainly on the Senate, where Democrats have a chance to keep their majority, provided they can win a few close races. Here's what's happening, according to the
, complete with links to our...
Being Gay Is
Oct 18, 2010 6:40 AM CDT
Ken Buck: Being Gay Is 'Like Alcoholism'
What will he say next?
- GOP Colorado Senate candidate Ken Buck has already made headlines by calling birthers "dumbasses" and asking for votes based on the fact he doesn't "wear high heels ." Now, the Tea Party favorite has compared homosexuality to ... alcoholism. Asked if being gay is "'a choice," Buck...
Hiding From Media
Oct 5, 2010 12:21 PM CDT
Candidates Literally Hiding From Media
...in order to reduce the chance of making a killer gaffe
- Something’s missing from some of 2010’s biggest races: candidates. This year a ton of candidates, most of them Republicans, have chosen to almost completely avoid the public and media, Politico observes. They’re not holding events, or not publicizing it when they do, and refusing to debate or...
Bennet Colorado Win
a 'Whew' for Obama
Aug 11, 2010 6:40 AM CDT
Bennet Colorado Win a 'Whew' for Obama
But Tea Party upstart trumps establishment GOP
- A collective, though small, sigh of relief could be heard in the White House after incumbent Michael Bennet's victory in a bitter primary battle for US senator in Colorado yesterday. But the picture was not so rosy for status quo Republicans as Tea Party insurgent Ken Buck beat out establishment...
Jul 26, 2010 2:28 PM CDT
GOP Candidate: Birthers Are 'Dumbasses'
Ken Buck opens his mouth, another faux pas falls out
- Straight from the candidate who gave you a minor controversy over high-heels and bullshit comes another flap over his opinion of those demanding to see President Obama's birth certificate. US Senate candidate Ken Buck of Colorado was taped without his knowledge referring to birthers as "dumbasses." Or, as...
Feud Over 'High Heels'
Jul 22, 2010 3:27 PM CDT
Colorado Candidates Feud Over 'High Heels'
Comment by male Senate hopeful takes center stage
- Two GOP candidates for Senate in Colorado who don't differ much in their view of government have found something to argue about—high heels. Ken Buck began the flap after a questioner asked why she should vote for him, explains CBS . "Because I do not wear high heels,"...
Popular on Newser
Roberts: The Court Didn't Need to Do This
Experts Are Raising Eyebrows at Laundrie Confession
Firm Parts With Lawyers Who Won Gun Case
Collins on Roe Ruling: 'I Feel Misled'
This Is the Healthiest County in America
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.