Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dec 18, 2013 9:02 AM CST
Ron Burgundy heads to 24-hour news
brings the "legendary" Ron Burgundy into the 1980s and a new medium: 24-hour news. The sequel brings back the absurdity of the first and even takes a few swings at satire, and while it may not equal its predecessor, critics say it's worth a watch.
Real Newscast ... as
Dec 1, 2013 12:27 PM CST
Ferrell Co-Anchors Real Newscast ... as Ron Burgundy
Actor shows up on North Dakota's KXMB.
- Television viewers in Bismarck, ND, were treated to some real class this weekend when none other than the great Ron Burgundy read them the news. Actor and comedian Will Ferrell reprised his
role for KXMB 's news broadcast last night, part of his promotion for
Anchorman 2: The
After Ron Burgundy
Nov 18, 2013 1:49 PM CST
College Renaming Journalism School After Ron Burgundy
Emerson College stunt is just for a day
- It's kind of a big deal that Emerson College is changing the name of its school of communication: The college in Boston will rename the school—for one day only—the Ron Burgundy School of Communication on Dec. 4 to honor the fictitious television anchorman. Actor Will Ferrell, in...
Jun 23, 2012 6:45 AM CDT
Top Actors Cut From Big Movies
Big names not enough to save actors from the edit splice
- Bloated running times, terrible performances, a 60-pound weight gain—there are a host of reasons why even the most well-known actors are sometimes cut from films. The Huffington Post takes a look at 11 notable instances of big names getting axed from big movies:
The Lovely Bones:
Mar 29, 2012 9:19 AM CDT
Will Ferrell confirms sequel on 'Conan'
- Ron Burgundy, aka Will Ferrell, stopped by Conan O'Brien's show last night to play a little jazz flute … and announce a little movie you might call
. "It is official, there will be a sequel to
," Ferrell stated—after first insulting O'Brien...
Hollywood Is Wasting Paul Rudd
Jul 30, 2010 1:58 PM CDT
Hollywood Is Wasting Paul Rudd
'The silly is slowly being leeched out of him'
- Paul Rudd is Hollywood’s next big thing —but not in the way he
be, writes Elbert Ventura in a Slate piece arguing that Tinseltown is squandering the actor’s comedic talents. “Rudd's rise is well-deserved,” considering his body of work “is one of the...
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Singer's Decision to Catch COVID on Purpose Kills Her
She Died on African Hunting Trip. 5 Years Later, Husband Is Arrested
Removal of Roosevelt Statue Begins
Wife of Cryptocurrency CEO Maintains She Watched Him Die
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.