Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
'Barbie': How a Suburbanite Became a Vicious Killer
Brother says drug lord chose a life of crime
- Don’t blame Edgar “Barbie” Valdez’s upbringing for turning him to a life of crime. The linebacker-turned-drug lord came from an affluent Texas suburb, and his father constantly urged him to go to college. Instead, he joined a group of drug smugglers straight out of high school. “...
Texan 'Barbie' Went From Linebacker to Drug Lord
Valdez rose through ranks of Sinaloa cartel
- Mexican police displayed captured drug kingpin Edgar 'Barbie' Valdez to the media yesterday and offered details on how the American rose through the ranks of its country's drug underworld. Valdez—born into a middle-class family in Laredo, Texas—was a standout high school football player and petty street dealer, but...
Drug Kingpin 'Barbie' Captured
Texas-born trafficker Edgar Valdez arrested in Mexico
- Mexico says it has arrested the Texas-born drug kingpin Edgar Valdez. Valdez—known as "Barbie" because of his blond hair—is wanted in the US for distributing thousands of pounds of cocaine, the AP reports. Valdez had been battling for control of the Beltran Leyva cartel in central Mexico....
Popular on Newser
With One Week to Go, Here's What the Polls Say
Jim Carrey as Joe Biden on SNL Isn't Going Over Well
COVID Antibodies Are 'Rapidly' Waning
White Castle Starting 'New Tradition' on Nov. 3
Georgia Stakes: 'Entire Country Should Be Watching This'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.