Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Made From Poop
Dec 10, 2012 11:33 AM CST
$50-a-Cup Coffee Made From Poop
Black Ivory Coffee is processed inside elephant stomachs
- In the lush hills of northern Thailand, a herd of 20 elephants is excreting some of the world's most expensive coffee. Trumpeted as earthy in flavor and smooth on the palate, the exotic new brew is made from beans eaten by Thai elephants and plucked a day later from...
6 Weird, Pricey Foods
civet poop coffee, anyone?
Aug 7, 2010 2:00 PM CDT
6 Weird, Pricey Foods
How much would you pay for a nice bowl of bird spit?
- You may have heard of kopi luwak, the coffee brewed from civet poop that sells for $30 a cup. In case you’d like some more bizarre, extravagant food to go along with that…
-sounding cup of coffee, The Frisky lists five ideas:
Bird Spit Soup
: Made from the nests
Yield $99 Espresso
Apr 17, 2008 5:19 PM CDT
Civet-Digested Beans Yield $99 Espresso
Rarest cup of coffee blends Jamaican, Indonesian products
- You might look for a $99 espresso shot in a crowded Italian café before the second floor of a London department store. Yet it's the latter where you'll find the cup brewed from two of the world’s rarest coffee beans, one of which is sniffed out and,...
$600 Coffee 'Processed'
Jul 13, 2007 5:49 AM CDT
$600 Coffee 'Processed' by Civets
Java-lovers' treat plucked from droppings of animals who gorge on beans
- Move over, Starbucks. Hyper coffee connoisseurs are coughing up $600 for a pound of the world's priciest coffee, a blend plucked from the droppings of a civet, a small Indonesian mammal that forages for fresh coffee beans. Fans describe the taste of
as earthy, with a note of...
Popular on Newser
Fetterman's Latest Swing at Dr. Oz: He's a 'Puppy Killer'
Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Hire Divorce Attorneys
Auction House Said Vase Was Ordinary. Bidders Disagreed
Brad Pitt Fires Back at Angelina Jolie
Herschel Walker's Abortion Story Was No Secret
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.