Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Rent Is Too Damn High
'Rent Is Too Damn High'
Guy Faces Eviction
Aug 5, 2011 10:50 AM CDT
'Rent Is Too Damn High' Guy Faces Eviction
Jimmy McMillan getting kicked out of rent-controlled, NYC apartment
- The founder of the "Rent is Too Damn High" Party believes he is facing eviction from his NYC apartment because … the rent he pays is actually too low. His landlord claims Jimmy McMillan, who has lived in the rent-controlled apartment since 1977, is in violation of his lease:...
Feb 23, 2011 2:00 PM CST
Rent Is Too Damn High Guy Switches to GOP
Jimmy McMillan has had it with sucky Dems, wants to help GOP
- Once upon a time, the rent was too damn high, but now the Democrats are just too damn sucky for Jimmy McMillan. The colorful onetime gubernatorial candidate is now a registered Republican, he tells Sal Gentile of PBS, mostly because "the Democratic Party sucked." And he's expanding his...
'Rent Is Too Damn High' Guy
Running for President
Dec 23, 2010 4:33 PM CST
'Rent Is Too Damn High' Guy Running for President
Jimmy McMillan says he's going after Obama's 'black ass'
- It's on. Jimmy McMillan of the Rent Is Too Damn High fame says he's running for president in 2012, reports Ben Smith at Politico (who says he normally avoids fringe candidates but couldn't resist this one). "Tell Obama I'm coming after his black ass," the former New York...
Charlie Sheen Is
Too Damn High, Too
jimmy mcmillan's back
Nov 5, 2010 3:09 PM CDT
Charlie Sheen Is Too Damn High, Too
Jimmy McMillan has a new cause and a new party
- Carl Paladino may have taken his bat and gone home, but another of the losing New York gubernatorial candidates is still with us. Happily, it's Jimmy McMillan of the Rent-Is-Too-Damn-High fame. He's back in a Funny or Die video with a new passion: Charlie Sheen Is Too Damn High. His...
'Rent Is Too
$77K TOO HIGH
Oct 24, 2010 11:50 AM CDT
Tweaks 'Rent Is Too Damn High' Guy
Jimmy McMillan will give you breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Saturday Night Live
took a jab at Rent Is Too Damn High candidate Jimmy McMillan last night, with Kenan Thompson giving what Gawker calls a "pitch perfect" impersonation. McMillan, noted host Seth Meyers, reportedly hasn't paid his $800 rent since the '80s. Responds Thompson (to everything): "Because the...
Popular on Newser
YouTube Bars Dan Bongino Permanently
Offer From Germany Leaves Mayor in Ukraine 'Speechless'
In Quest for Selfie, Hiker Instead Meets a Tragic Fate
It's Tough to Get Out of Kabul, but These Americans Just Did
Jeopardy! Champ's Win Streak Is Over
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.