Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
in TV, Films
Jun 30, 2022 6:45 PM CDT
Hells Angels Founder Wrote Books, Worked in TV, Films
Sonny Barger also worked security at infamous Altamont concert
- Sonny Barger, the founder of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club who turned his experiences into books and work on TV and films, has died. He was 83 and died at home Wednesday night after developing liver cancer, NBC News reports. A note Barger had written was posted on his Facebook...
This Country Is First to
Completely Ban Hells Angels
May 30, 2019 9:45 AM CDT
This Country Is First to Completely Ban Hells Angels
Netherlands prosecutors have been trying for more than a decade to get rid of the biker gang
- You probably won't see as many Harleys cruising around Holland anymore. The BBC reports that a court in the city of Utrecht has banned all Hells Angels, not just its local chapters, declaring in its Wednesday ruling that the violence brought about by the bikers "is often so...
Deadly Biker Feud
Started at ...
Oct 28, 2011 6:08 AM CDT
Deadly Biker Feud Started at ... Starbucks
Hells Angels-Vagos war has spread to 3 states
- "Only in Santa Cruz would you have biker wars over who's going to control pumpkin spice lattes," says the California beach-side town's deputy police chief. The deadliest feud in a decade between California-based biker gangs started earlier last year when hammer-wielding members of the Hells Angels...
Hells Angels Boss
Shot Dead in
Sep 26, 2011 1:00 AM CDT
Hells Angels Boss Shot Dead in Casino
Two bikers in rival gang wounded
- The boss of a Hells Angels gang was killed and two rival bikers were injured in a weekend shootout at a Nevada casino. A second drive-by shooting of a biker later triggered a state of emergency in the town of Sparks, though it wasn't clear if the shootings were...
Rip Roarin' Mad
Aug 26, 2011 1:15 AM CDT
Hells Angels Rip Roarin' Mad About T-Shirts
Fashion house sued over trademark infringement
- The Harley-riding outlaws of the Hells Angels are on the warpath—over trademark infringement. The organization is suing a fashion house over women's T-shirts that say "My boyfriend is a Hells Angel," reports the
Los Angeles Times
. "We bring these lawsuits from time to time not...
Hells Angels Sue
Oct 28, 2010 3:04 PM CDT
Hells Angels Sue Fashion House on Trademark
Motorcycle gang goes after the late Alexander McQueen
- It's on. The Hells Angels are suing the fashion house of late designer Alexander McQueen for stealing the club's trademarked symbols, the
reports. The gang claims McQueen's imprint used its motifs on a $2,329 handbag, a $1,595 dress, a four-finger silver ring, and, of course, a pashmina...
Popular on Newser
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.