Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Barnes & Noble
CEO Steps Down
Jul 9, 2013 9:05 AM CDT
Barnes & Noble CEO Steps Down
William Lynch faced big Nook losses
- Shortly after news of big losses for Barnes & Noble's Nook, the company's CEO is exiting. William Lynch, named CEO in early 2010, had made the firm's digital business paramount, the
Wall Street Journal
notes, working on an array of Nook gadgets. Now, however, Barnes & Noble...
Abuse Victim Cleared
of Assaulting Priest
Jul 6, 2012 2:50 AM CDT
Abuse Victim Cleared of Assaulting Priest
Jury refuses to convict William Lynch
- A California man who beat up a retired Catholic priest he accused of molesting him as a child has been found not guilty of assault, despite admitting the beating on the witness stand. Jurors said none of them wanted to convict William Lynch, 44, after hearing about the alleged abuse...
Sex Abuse Victim
Savagely Attacks Priest
Nov 1, 2010 1:42 AM CDT
Sex Abuse Victim Savagely Attacks Priest
He 'filled my life with rage and bitterness,' says California man
- A California man who accused a Catholic priest of sexually abusing him as a child has been arrested after savagely beating the cleric in the lobby of his retirement home, police report. William Lynch, 43, said he dreamed for years of exacting revenge on the man he charged molested him...
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
Pro-Russia Parties Trounced
It Was Worse Than the Titanic. You Likely Haven't Heard of It
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.