Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Aussie MP to China: Sorry
I Called You Guys Mongrels
Aug 26, 2014 12:54 PM CDT
Aussie MP to China: Sorry I Called You Guys Mongrels
Chinese embassy accepts apology
- Australian billionaire and alleged politician Clive Palmer has done some serious open-minded thinking and now realizes, a week later, that calling the Chinese "mongrels" was perhaps "an insult to Chinese people everywhere," he writes in a letter to ambassador Ma Zhaoxu, the
reports. "I wish...
'Shoot Own People'
Aug 19, 2014 1:40 PM CDT
Mr. Diplomacy: Chinese Are 'Mongrels' Who 'Shoot Own People'
Australian lawmaker Clive Palmer creates a ruckus
- An Australian billionaire-turned-lawmaker went on live TV yesterday and demonstrated that while he's great at making money, he's not so good with diplomacy. Mining magnate Clive Palmer, whose business is in a nasty legal battle with its state-owned partner in China, got a little heated when asked about...
of 'Titanic II'
Feb 27, 2013 11:59 AM CST
Billionaire Spills Details of 'Titanic II'
This one has more lifeboats...
- An Australian billionaire has revealed detailed plans for a new Titanic —this one much safer than the original, its designer says. The Titanic II "will be absolutely the most safe cruise ship in the world," says Markku Kanerva, of the Finnish firm behind the replica. That doesn'...
Billionaire Building Titanic II
Apr 30, 2012 7:53 AM CDT
Billionaire Building Titanic II
Australia's Clive Palmer wants maiden voyage by end of 2016
- An Australian billionaire is going to build a replica of the Titanic and sail it from England to the United States, flanked by the Chinese navy, by the end of 2016, reports Bloomberg . Clive Palmer, a mining magnate, says the replica will have the exact dimensions and all the amenities...
World's Best Boss
Nov 19, 2010 11:46 AM CST
World's Best Boss Gives Workers Mercedes, Vacations
Clive Palmer spends $10M on holiday rewards for employees
- Clive Palmer acquired a failing Australian nickel refinery, turned it around—by paying its 800 employees more—and now he's spent $10 million on holiday bonuses for his workers. Fifty-five of the top performers will each get a Mercedes Benz, and 700 workers will get vacations for two at five-star...
Popular on Newser
Biden Calls Fox Reporter After Hot Mic Insult
Yet Another Big Moment for Jeopardy! Champ
Anti-Vax Dad 'Has Gone to the Edge of Death to Stick to His Guns'
Peloton Not Happy After Another TV Character's Heart Attack
It's the 'Most Valuable Single Coin Find in British History'
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.