Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Feb 23, 2012 6:48 PM CST
Case Dismissed Against Accused Honeymoon Killer
Gabe Watson is free after judge abruptly ends trial
- It's normally just a legal routine: After the prosecution rests, the defense stands up and asks the judge to dismiss all charges. Today, though, a judge in Alabama surprised everyone and agreed to do just that. As a result, Gabe Watson, accused of drowning his wife on their honeymoon...
Pic Shown in
Feb 16, 2012 2:29 AM CST
Dead Bride Pic Shown in 'Honeymoon Killer' Trial
Shows Tina Watson sinking near her husband
- A chilling photo of dead newlywed diver Tina Watson sinking near her apparently unconcerned husband has been entered into evidence in his Alabama murder trial. Prosecutors say expert diver Gabe Watson killed his wife in the waters off Australia during their 2003 honeymoon to collect $130,000 in life insurance...
Deported to US
Nov 25, 2010 5:20 AM CST
'Honeymoon Killer' Deported to US
Gabe Watson likely to face murder trial in Alabama
- An Alabama man convicted of manslaughter in Australia for his wife's drowning death has been deported back to the US by Australia. Gabe Watson—dubbed the "Honeymoon Killer"—served 18 months in an Australian jail. He is expected to face a murder trial in Alabama, and Australian authorities...
Popular on Newser
Researchers May Have Found Anne Frank's Betrayer
Things Got Ugly After Dallas' Wild Playoff Loss
'Inexcusable' Assignment at Middle School Spurs Outrage
Friction Is Heating Up Between Trump, DeSantis
Walmart Is Getting Into an Unlikely New Sector
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.