Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
for a 'Monster'
Mar 27, 2017 12:31 PM CDT
Australia Braces Itself for a 'Monster'
Cyclone Debbie to hit Tuesday morning local time
- It's no Little Debbie. Australia is bracing itself for Cyclone Debbie, which is set to make landfall along the coast in Queensland—that's the country's northeastern most state—after 7am local time Tuesday, reports the BBC . That area is 14 hours ahead of EDT, so US storm...
to Flee Killer Birds
Feb 18, 2011 6:15 AM CST
Aussies Warned to Flee Killer Birds
Starving 6-foot cassowaries can disembowel a human
- Australians are being warned to stay out of the way of starving giant birds capable of disembowling human beings. The cassowaries, already struggling to survive in a country where their habitat is being destroyed, are even more desperate for food in the wake of the destructive Cyclone Yasi. They're now...
Baby Arrives Safely in Shelter
Amid 170-MPH Winds
Feb 4, 2011 1:11 PM CST
Baby Arrives Safely in Shelter Amid 170-MPH Winds
British midwife happened to be visiting Australia
- The massive Cyclone Yasi left a path of destruction in Australia and may have destroyed hundreds of millions of dollars worth of banana and sugar cane crops, but officials are relieved that only one death has been reported so far, reports AP . In fact, that news is being tempered with...
Slams Into Australia
Feb 2, 2011 9:58 AM CST
Monster Cyclone Slams Into Australia
Yasi expected to wreak havoc in Queensland
- As the US weathers its latest snowpocalypse, Australia battened down the hatches for what Queensland's premier is calling "the most catastrophic storm to ever hit our coast." "The time for movement and evacuation has now passed," Premier Anna Bligh said as Cyclone Yasi roared into her...
Popular on Newser
Inside the Push to Stop Iceland's 'Blood Mare' Practice
Man 'Cooked Alive' After Police Tased Him at a Gas Pump
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
A 'Sweet Deal' for Ex-Cop in George Floyd Case
Shkreli Released From Prison, Makes Joke on Facebook
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.