Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ahmad Wali Karzai
Kills 4 at Karzai
Jul 14, 2011 7:29 AM CDT
Suicide Bomber Kills 4 at Karzai Memorial
High-level Afghans worry about attacks from the inside
- A suicide bomber detonated today at a memorial for the slain half-brother of Hamid Karzai, killing four in an attack that comes as prominent Afghans rethink their own security in the wake of Ahmed Wali Karzai's assassination, allegedly at the hands of a close family associate. The Afghan president...
Jul 13, 2011 9:54 AM CDT
Sobbing Karzai Climbs Into Brother's Grave
Afghan president calls on Taliban to end violence
- At Ahmad Wali Karzai's funeral today, Afghan President Hamid Karzai pushed through his security detail to climb into his half-brother's grave. He remained there, sobbing alongside the coffin, for at least a minute as his wails overwhelmed other cries. He was ultimately lifted out by two men after...
Only Thing Clear in Karzai
Kin Slaying: It's a Mess
Jul 12, 2011 1:00 PM CDT
Only Thing Clear in Karzai Kin Slaying: It's a Mess
Ahmad Wali Karzai's death will likely set off a bloody power struggle
- So what does the killing of Hamid Karzai's powerful half-brother in southern Afghanistan mean for the war effort? Such is the contradiction of Ahmad Wali Karzai that the only answer seems to be "stay tuned":
The killing of the "godfather of Kandahar" is horrible
Jul 12, 2011 3:18 AM CDT
Karzai's Half Brother Shot Dead in Home
He's killed by family bodyguard: witnesses
- The younger half brother of Afghan President Hamid Karzai was shot dead early today in his home by one of the family bodyguards, according to witnesses. The bodyguard was immediately killed. Ahmad Wali Karzai was the powerful provincial council chairman for Kandahar, and had become a political liability for the...
Popular on Newser
5 Murders Since July May Be Work of Serial Killer
High School Football Team Cancels Entire Season After 'Slave Auction'
Susan Collins: 'I Wouldn't Be Surprised' if a Lawmaker Is Killed
Suspiciously Heavy Fish Lead to Chaos at Tournament
'Seemingly Impossible' DNA Task Earns Him a Nobel
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.