Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
GOP presidential debate
Stories 21 - 31 |
Nov 7, 2011 12:12 PM CST
Cain Punts Health Care Question to Gingrich
Looks unsure of himself on Medicare policy
- Either Herman Cain is quite the gentleman, or he was stumped during his under-the-radar debate with Newt Gingrich this weekend. Posed a question on Medicare policy specifics—whether he preferred “premium support” or a “defined benefit plan”— Mediaite notes that Cain repeated the question, rubbed his hands,...
Tangle at Debate
Oct 18, 2011 8:56 PM CDT
Romney, Perry Tangle at Debate
Santorum also hits Romney on health care
- The latest GOP debate has wrapped up, and it's clear Rick Perry had Mitt Romney in his sights. They had a number of nasty exchanges, including one in which Perry resurrected allegations that Romney hired a lawn service that employed illegals:
"You stood here and did not
8 Dos, Don'ts for
Oct 18, 2011 11:44 AM CDT
8 Dos, Don'ts for Tonight's Debate
Cain needs more substance; Perry just needs a better performance: Politico
- Tonight’s GOP debate—the last one for three weeks—is one of the few remaining chances for the Republican presidential candidates to change the opinions (for better or worse) of millions of TV viewers before Iowa’s Jan. 3 caucuses . With that in mind, Maggie Haberman offers some advice...
All Eyes on
Oct 18, 2011 7:55 AM CDT
At Tonight's GOP Debate, All Eyes on Herman Cain
While Rick Perry tries to dig out of his hole, Romney tries to get over the hump
- Herman Cain’s sudden meteoric rise from political novelty to poll-topping candidate should put him in the spotlight at tonight’s debate—which might be a very dangerous place to be. The big question for Cain is “are you serious?” Politico ’s Reid Epstein writes, noting that Cain...
New Must-See TV: GOP Debates
Oct 17, 2011 12:50 PM CDT
New Must-See TV: GOP Debates
Executives debate the potential reasons
- There’s one big difference between this year’s GOP presidential debates and those leading up to the 2008 contest: People are watching them. This September’s Fox News debate, for example, attracted 6.1 million viewers—almost double the 3.2 million that Fox’s September 2007 debate drew,...
Oct 14, 2011 11:18 AM CDT
Huntsman Boycotting Nevada Debate
He's protesting Nevada's decision to hold caucuses early
- Jon Huntsman is skipping next week's debate in Las Vegas to protest Nevada's decision to move up its caucuses to January, reports the
. Instead, Huntsman will host a town-hall meeting in New Hampshire. The Huntsman camp accuses Mitt Romney of encouraging the state to shift its caucus...
GOP Debate Winner?
Either Cain or Romney
Oct 12, 2011 7:40 AM CDT
GOP Debate Winner? Either Cain or Romney
Which isn't good news for Rick Perry: Pundits
- The instant analysis from the GOP debate doesn't exactly bode well for Rick Perry, who needed a big night in the eyes of pundits :
"Seems to me that it was a pretty good night for Mitt Romney, and for Herman Cain as well. ... Not sure that Rick Perry
GOP Hopefuls Face Off
in 'Well-Mannered' Debate
Oct 11, 2011 9:05 PM CDT
GOP Hopefuls Face Off in 'Well-Mannered' Debate
Herman Cain gets plenty of attention
- The latest Republican debate has wrapped up, this one focused mostly on the economy and on the newest darling of the polls, Herman Cain. If Rick Perry was hoping to land a knockout punch on Mitt Romney, it never arrived. In fact, the night was "exceedingly well-mannered," notes...
For Rick Perry,
Do or Die
GOP DEBATE PREVIEW
Oct 11, 2011 7:57 AM CDT
For Rick Perry, Tonight Is Do or Die
What to watch for in tonight's GOP debate
- The Republican presidential candidates head back to New Hampshire tonight for the Granite State's second debate of the year. What to watch for, courtesy of Politico , the
, and Reuters :
It's now or never for Rick Perry
: Following a series of disappointing debate performances, time is running
Bill Kristol: Please
Save Us, Chris Christie
Sep 23, 2011 1:21 PM CDT
Bill Kristol: Please Save Us, Chris Christie
The GOP field is decidely lacking, he writes in Weekly Standard
- After watching last night's debate, Bill Kristol says the official response of his conservative
is: "Yikes." What's more, he thinks lots of right-leaning observers feel the same way, even if they won't say it. None of the candidates seemed quite up to the...
Sep 23, 2011 6:29 AM CDT
Debate Audience Boos Gay Iraq Vet
Rick Santorum would repeal the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell
- First they cheered letting the uninsured die —then they booed a gay soldier. The audience at last night's GOP candidates debate didn't keep it classy when an Iraq war vet asked Rick Santorum on a YouTube clip where he stands on this week's repeal of the...
Stories 21 - 31 |
Popular on Newser
Great Barrier Reef Just 'Gave Birth'
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.