Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NH Restaurant Patron
Leaves One Heck of a Tip
Jun 23, 2021 12:44 PM CDT
NH Restaurant Patron Leaves One Heck of a Tip
The $16K on a $37 tab was split among the whole staff
- For a couple of chili cheese dogs, some pickle chips, and a few drinks, $37 is a pretty reasonable tab. Now add $16,000. The bartenders at Stumble Inn Bar & Grill in Londonderry, New Hampshire, were pretty excited about that. Until they spotted the five-figure tip, the most noteworthy...
He Came In, Ate,
and Left. His Tip Sent
Workers Into Shock
in case you missed it
Dec 26, 2020 11:30 AM CST
He Came In, Ate, and Left. His Tip Sent Workers Into Shock
Thanks to generous $5.6K gift to Toledo eatery, 28 employees each have an extra $200 in hand
- As it's been for many business owners during the pandemic, 2020 has been a tough year for Moussa Salloukh, the chef and owner of Souk Mediterranean Kitchen in Toledo, Ohio. He tells CNN that the restaurant, which he opened in October 2019, "was a tribute to my mother,...
A Bartender Got a Tip Worth $2.
It Turned Into $50K
Oct 31, 2019 9:25 AM CDT
A Bartender Got a Tip Worth $2. It Turned Into $50K
Missouri's Taylor Russey says customer's gratuity was a Powerball ticket
- Most watering hole patrons don't offer lottery tickets as gratuities, but one regular at Missouri's Bleachers Bar does it quite often—and a bartender at the O'Fallon establishment is now a $50,000 winner because of it. CNN reports on Taylor Russey's windfall, which came about...
He Ordered 2 Waters,
Then Left. His Tip: $10K
in case you missed it
Oct 27, 2018 9:57 AM CDT
He Ordered 2 Waters, Then Left. His Tip: $10K
'I thought someone was playing a joke on me,' North Carolina server says
- "This is crazy!!" is how a North Carolina hot-dog eatery describes what happened last week at its Greenville location. WRAL reports that a man wandered in to Sup Dogs last Friday, asked for two waters while he was looking at the menu, then left before ordering. The mystery...
Mar 21, 2016 9:58 AM CDT
Amy Schumer Left Big-Time Tip for
That'd be a $1K tip on a $77 tab
- Amy Schumer took in a Broadway play and bought a few drinks Saturday night—and she left an ample tip to thank the bartenders for a fun night out. The comedian placed a $1,000 gratuity on top of her $77 bar bill at a showing of
, leaving the...
Waitress Gets 130% Tip,
Mar 13, 2015 10:30 AM CDT
Waitress Gets 130% Tip, Heartwrenching Note
Man's tradition of tipping his late brother's age brings tears
- A waitress in Tennessee was brought to tears this week when a customer left her a generous tip and a moving message. Claire Hudson, 25, was serving tables at Mac's Grub Shak in Spring Hill on Sunday when a "very sweet couple" sat down and ordered beers, a...
Waitress Receives Huge
'Gift From God' Tip
Jan 6, 2014 4:25 PM CST
Waitress Receives Huge 'Gift From God' Tip
Cracker Barrel customers impressed by her amazing story
- A Cracker Barrel waitress in Nebraska received a special tip the other day: $100. But that was nothing compared to the $6,000 in checks the customers also left behind, the
reports. The customers walked in asking for the restaurant's grumpiest waitress, hoping to make her laugh,...
Bartender Gets $17.5K Tip
Oct 7, 2013 2:04 AM CDT
Bartender Gets $17.5K Tip
Customer told her to keep winning lottery ticket
- After hours of fruitlessly searching for an affordable couch last week, Oregon bartender Aurora Kephart's day picked up when she went to work and got an amazing $17,505 tip. A regular customer asked her to pick two from his handful of unplayed Keno lottery tickets, the first of...
Guy Travels Country
Giving Out $500 Tips
Jul 8, 2013 8:59 AM CDT
Guy Travels Country Giving Out $500 Tips
Seth Collins' quest is tribute to late brother
- When Aaron Collins died a year ago, the 30-year-old's will ended with an unusual request. "The last thing in it was that we go out to dinner and leave an awesome tip," brother Seth explains to NPR . "And he said, 'I'm not talking about...
Only Tip on $138 Meal:
'Single Mom, Sorry'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Nov 4, 2012 7:00 PM CST
Only Tip on $138 Meal: 'Single Mom, Sorry'
Incident, real or not, sparks a firestorm on Reddit
- Here's a tip for bad tippers: Don't make lame excuses. That's a lesson one woman may be learning after allegedly leaving no tip on a $138 bill at a restaurant, and instead writing on the bill, "Sorry, single mom." As if that weren't bad...
Popular on Newser
FBI: Images Show Dark Truth About Renowned Collector
Mother Chases Down Leopard To Rescue Son
CNN Fires Chris Cuomo, Citing New Information
She Feared Her Partner Would Kill Her. Death Came Differently
Glued Lock Prevents Hundreds From Receiving COVID Shots
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.