Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
4th Student Dies After Michigan School Shooting
'World's Tiniest Tomato'
Jan 8, 2018 12:07 AM CST
Company Develops 'World's Tiniest Tomato'
'It's clean, it's nice, it's sexy,' chef says
- They say bigger is better, but in the succulent world of cherry tomatoes, one Israeli company is going smaller than ever before. The "drop tomato" is about the size of a blueberry, and the Kedma company in the country's southern Arava desert says it is the smallest one...
Plant That Grows
'Ketchup' and 'Fries'
in case you missed it
Jan 10, 2015 10:30 AM CST
This Exists: Plant That Grows 'Ketchup' and 'Fries'
'TomTato' now available in US
- Tomatoes and potatoes go together like, well, ketchup and fries—so why not grow them together? A hybrid plant known as the "TomTato" or, yes, "Ketchup 'n' Fries," allows you to do just that, and it's now available in the US after first being released...
Why Are Tomatoes Red?
in case you missed it
Jun 16, 2012 1:20 PM CDT
Why Are Tomatoes Red? Blame Meteor
Dinosaur-killing impact forced the tomato into big changes, say scientists
- Why are tomatoes red? The same reason dinosaurs were killed off, say scientists. The massive meteorite that struck Earth 60 to 70 million years ago created extremely harsh conditions that forced the evolution of the tomato into its current red and edible form, reports Phys.org . Researchers discovered this connection...
Popular on Newser
3 Dead, 6 Injured in Michigan School Shooting
Clarence Thomas' Long Fight Reaches Its 'Zenith'
After Backlash, Rittenhouse's Student Status Changes
Elon Musk to SpaceX Workers: We're in Trouble
CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.