Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Levi's CEO: Number Who
Need New Size 'Staggering'
in case you missed it
Jun 12, 2021 2:40 PM CDT
Levi's CEO: Number Who Need New Size 'Staggering'
About 25% of buyers need either a bigger or smaller jeans size, says Chip Bergh
- The pandemic didn't just change the style of jeans people are buying— skinny jeans are out and more comfortable fits are in—but something more fundamental: waist sizes. In an interview with the AP , Levi's CEO Chip Bergh estimates that 25% of customers are in need of a...
Jun 8, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
6 Late-Night Jokes About Trump's Pants
No, he didn't wear them backward, but that didn't stop the hosts
- There's a reason #Trumppants has been trending the last few days, even if it is a pretty strange one. After images surfaced online (see the aforementioned hashtag), the internet seemed convinced that Donald Trump wore his pants backward in North Carolina on Saturday, notes NPR . He did not. If...
Comic Strip Characters
Ditching Their Pants on Friday
May 5, 2021 1:38 PM CDT
Comic Strip Characters Ditching Their Pants on Friday
Comic strip artists to celebrate No Pants Day in a way that helps charities
- Fans of newspaper comics will instantly notice something missing in many of the strips this Friday—pants. More than 25 cartoonists behind strips from "Blondie" to "Zippy the Pinhead" are celebrating the quirky holiday No Pants Day in a way that helps charities get clothing to those in...
He Wore Gap
Khakis On the Air.
Nov 13, 2020 4:53 PM CST
He Wore Gap Khakis On the Air. Now Everyone Wants Them
MSNBC correspondent Steve Kornacki's election week outfit is driving online sales
- They call him the "Map Daddy," but Steve Kornacki may soon see his nickname change to the "Gap Daddy." The MSNBC political correspondent went viral in some circles during election week not only with his nerdy explainers on electoral math, but also with an outfit that...
A Cop Asked a
Got a Gator for an Answer
May 7, 2019 9:06 AM CDT
A Cop Asked a 'Standard' Question, Got a Gator for an Answer
Woman in traffic stop pulled an alligator out of her pants, investigators say
- Among the more routine questions a police officer might ask during a traffic stop: "Can I see your license and registration?," "Do you know how fast you were going?," and "Anything else?" A Florida woman responded to the third query Monday by making what Fox...
Chef Charged With
at Women's Event
Nov 1, 2018 8:54 AM CDT
Chef Charged With Indecent Exposure at Women's Event
SC's Mike Ray is seeking counseling after allegedly dropping his pants
- Someone should tell Mike Ray that if he wants to be the "life of the party," he should try wearing a lampshade on his head, not dropping trou. At least not at an event for women-owned businesses, which is where WYFF reports the South Carolina chef allegedly decided...
Lawyer's Pants Catch Fire
During Arson Trial
Mar 9, 2017 3:52 AM CST
Lawyer's Pants Catch Fire During Arson Trial
Florida attorney argued that client's car spontaneously combusted
- Jurors trying to assess the truthfulness of defense lawyer Stephen Gutierrez's closing arguments in an arson trial Wednesday may have been dismayed to notice that his pants were literally on fire. Witnesses say the lawyer had to flee the Miami courtroom with smoke billowing from his pocket, the
7-Year-Old Bowler Wins, Gets
Disqualified Over His Pants
Mar 4, 2017 1:05 PM CST
7-Year-Old Bowler Wins, Gets Disqualified Over His Pants
They weren't black enough, but there's kind of a happy ending
- A 7-year-old bowler in Canada just learned a tough lesson about rules, or pants, or ... something. After Grayson Powell bowled a terrific game and prepared to collect a gold medal with two teammates, he was told he was disqualified for wearing pants that weren't black enough. So reports the...
Man Asks Internet to Help Him Find His Pants. It Does
Jun 8, 2016 2:48 PM CDT
Man Asks Internet to Help Him Find His Pants. It Does
'I enjoyed myself thoroughly'
- The internet is an amazing invention that puts all the world's knowledge at your fingertips. It can also help you find your pants. CBC reports Canadian man Andy Gaudry was visiting Halifax last Friday for his grandma's 80th birthday when he went out "gallivanting" with some cousins....
Your Hot Winter Trend:
Jan 21, 2016 5:46 PM CST
Your Hot Winter Trend: Frozen Pants
Minnesotans have a lot of time on their hands
- This winter, the hottest viral trend is frozen pants. Fox News reports 61-year-old Tom Grotting of Minnesota started dipping jeans in water and holding them upright while they froze a few years ago. Grotting's frozen pants found their way to Facebook this year, and now others are joining in...
Declares War on
Nov 19, 2015 10:00 AM CST
Mississippi Town Declares War on Baggy Pants
50 signs ordered by Laurel police department to combat saggy trousers
- Take heed, young people of Laurel, Miss. Law enforcement is ready to fight the scourge in your town: saggy pants. The police department is set to adorn the town with 50 signs that read, "Pull up your pants. No one wants to see your underwear," with a pic...
World's Oldest Pair
of Pants Found
Jun 3, 2014 2:19 PM CDT
World's Oldest Pair of Pants Found
They were probably worn by ancient horse riders in China
- Archaeologists working at an ancient graveyard in western China have unearthed what they say is the oldest pair of pants ever found, reports Science News . In fact, they found two pairs, and the clothing items are not only functional but relatively stylish. The wool pants were found with the remains...
Paris Women Now
to Wear Pants
Feb 3, 2013 2:14 PM CST
Paris Women Now Legally Allowed to Wear Pants
Minister of women's rights revokes archaic law
- No more skirting the issue: A French official announced Friday that women are legally allowed to wear pants in Paris,
reports. Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, the minister of women's rights, revoked a little-noticed 200-year-old law banning the practice: "This law is incompatible with the principles of equality between...
Pants Fall Down
at LAX Security
Jun 29, 2012 12:59 PM CDT
William Shatner's Pants Fall Down at LAX Security
'Most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me,' actor says
- Maybe the Priceline Negotiator should start advertising for belts. William Shatner's pants slipped down at airport security, treating dozens of onlookers to a view of the former Captain Kirk's undergarments. He had been chosen for an individual security check and was wearing baggy clothes, the
San Francisco Chronicle
Capitol Cops Steaming
About Shorts Ban
Jun 13, 2011 4:13 PM CDT
Capitol Cops Steaming About Shorts Ban
Officers at the Capitol building say pants hold them back
- Apparently, cops aren't above the law when it comes to crimes of fashion. Officers assigned to the Capitol are upset with a top brass decision to ban them from wearing shorts. Union reps say the decision was made because cops carrying automatic rifles don't look imposing in shorts,...
Guys, Your Pants
Are Lying to You
in case you missed it
Sep 11, 2010 2:18 PM CDT
Guys, Your Pants Are Lying to You
Think your waist is 36 inches? Think again.
- Bad news, boys: Your pants aren't being entirely honest with you. Abram Sauer came to this "devastating realization" while trying on size 36 pants in H&M, only to wonder why they were so tight. The answer? Vanity sizing, as it's called by pants manufacturers. H&M's size 36...
Cops Hunt Down
Women in Jeans
May 28, 2010 4:00 AM CDT
Indonesia Cops Hunt Down Women in Jeans
Police stop 18 women, confiscate pants
- Religious police in Indonesia are cracking down on denim. During a raid yesterday,18 women caught riding motorbikes wearing headscarves and jeans were taken into custody and given long skirts to wear. Police also confiscated their pants. "I am not wearing sexy outfits, but they caught me like a...
NY Ads Crack Down
on Saggy Pants
Apr 2, 2010 2:32 AM CDT
NY Ads Crack Down on Saggy Pants
Pull 'em up, says disgusted Brooklyn senator
- A Brooklyn politician has launched a billboard ad campaign slamming the growing cheekiness of saggy pants. "We're better than this!" screams the ads that urge residents to "Stop the Sag." The billboards feature photos of the backsides of two young men with pants so low that...
Full Moon Illuminates
caught with his pants down
Nov 23, 2009 3:30 PM CST
Full Moon Illuminates Bears-Eagles Game
Wide receiver unintentionally moons crowd
- As if losing to the Eagles wasn't enough, Devin Hester mooned the
Sunday Night Football
audience on national TV last night. In the fourth quarter of Philadelphia's 24-20 victory, the Bears receiver was going for a pass from Jay Cutler when Eagle Dmitri Patterson grabbed a little more than he...
Old Paris Law Still Stands:
No Pants for Women
Nov 17, 2009 11:06 AM CST
Old Paris Law Still Stands: No Pants for Women
1800s rule prohibits ladies from 'dressing like men'
- Turns out fashion-forward Paris has some rather retro regulations. Namely, a ban on women wearing pants. It's the type of law associated with the Sudan, not the Champs-Elysées, but more than 200 years after it was enacted by the city's police chief, the law stands. But today's cops may...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
It Took Police 40 Minutes to Move in as Classroom Full of Kids Was Massacred
Actor Ray Liotta Is Dead at 67
Slain Teacher's Husband Dies 2 Days After Her
Near 2nd Texas School, 'They Saw Something, Said Something'
Don McLean Pulls Out of NRA Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.