Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
How to Know When You've
Been 'Love Bombed'
Aug 4, 2017 10:57 AM CDT
How to Know When You've Been 'Love Bombed'
'Healthy relationships ... are based on a series of actions, not a flood of words'
- Love at first sight may actually be a warning sign. That's according to experts cautioning people in new relationships about so-called "love bombing." Not familiar with the term?
"delve[s] into the worrying behaviors of a 'love bomber,'" explaining that it takes...
Prof: We Need Laws
to Check Google's Power
Mar 30, 2013 3:05 PM CDT
Prof: We Need Laws to Check Google's Power
He thinks it's too easy for company to sway elections
explores a provocative question about Google in its Outlook section tomorrow: Do we need laws in place to safeguard against the company deliberately manipulating elections? It may sound far-fetched on the surface, but the story follows the experiments of psychologist Robert Epstein, who showed that it's...
In a Relationship,
'We' Means 'You'
fun with pronouns
Jan 7, 2010 1:04 PM CST
In a Relationship, 'We' Means 'You'
Too many couples take the semantic easy way out
- One member of a couple will often suggest that “we” do something, but that’s not what she—oh, yes, it's usually she—is really saying, and it’s not helpful, Beth Teitell writes. ‘‘We’ has turned into an order. It’s morphed from the first person...
Makes Ballet Legend Dance
Jun 22, 2009 7:44 PM CDT
YouTube 'Alchemist' Makes Ballet Legend Dance
- A YouTuber has unearthed the only footage of famed early 20th-century dancer Vaslav Nijinsky in existence, the
reports—sort of. Actually, it’s more like he created it himself. “These films are animations of photographs,” Christian Comte said. “I work as an alchemist in animated...
Paulson Resists Labeling China
Jun 13, 2007 7:23 AM CDT
Paulson Resists Labeling China a 'Manipulator'
Congress stews as Beijing keeps yuan weak vs. dollar
- Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has denied congressional requests for a formal accusation of currency manipulation against China, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. China's tight restrictions have kept the yuan artificially low against the dollar for decades, but recent record highs, combined with signs that Beijing may plan to let up...
CIA Op Aims to Destabilize Iran
May 23, 2007 5:00 AM CDT
CIA Op Aims to Destabilize Iran
Covert campaign suggests financial pressure favored over military action
- President Bush has secretly approved a CIA "black" operation to destabilize the Iranian government, ABC reports. Sources tell ABC the covert mission deploys propaganda, misinformation, and financial manipulation. A retired senior CIA official says economic pressure may be the most effective means to curb Iran's nuclear buildup.
Popular on Newser
US Population on Track for 'Historic' Swerve
Trump Weighs In on Tyre Nichols Beating
Priscilla Presley Fights Trust Document
They Make a Living Scamming Scammers
It's the Most Imaginative Technical Foul of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.