Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tunisia Prime Minister Resigns Amid Crisis
This does not mean the 'failure of the revolution,' he says
- Tunisian Prime Minister Hamadi Jebali announced his resignation today, making good on his promise to step down if he failed to resolve the country's political crisis. "I promised and assured that, in the event that my initiative failed, I would resign as head of the government, and that...
As Tunisia Simmers, PM Moves to Dissolve Govt.
Leading party's headquarters set on fire amid protests
- As Tunisia grapples with protests following the killing of an opposition leader , the prime minister has moved to dissolve the Islamist government, calling for new elections, Reuters reports. Technocrats would run the government in the meantime, says PM Hamadi Jebali—who will keep his job—citing a "failure of...
First Assassination Since Arab Spring Rattles Tunisia
Opposition leader Chokri Belaid shot outside home
- A Tunisian opposition leader was shot and killed outside his home today, in the nation's first assassination since the Arab Spring. Chokri Belaid, among the leaders of the leftist Popular Front coalition, was outspoken against the Ennahda party, which leads the country as part of a three-party coalition, the...
Popular on Newser
NHL Team Drops Prospect Over His Actions as a Teen
Kanye's Birthday Gift to Kim: a 'Special Surprise From Heaven'
He Was Waiting for a Bus in NYC. Then, a Horrifying Plunge
Cop in Breonna Taylor Shooting Sues Her Boyfriend
Site Co-Founder Quits, Saying Biden Article Was Censored
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.