Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 23 |
Eating Plastic Is
Jun 3, 2016 11:45 AM CDT
Eating Plastic Is Making Young Fish Stupid
Microplastics linked to smaller, slower perch
- Fish are getting hooked on plastic that's making them "smaller, slower, and more stupid," say researchers behind a new study at
. Scientists have long suspected that microplastics are dangerous , but "that has been very hard to determine until now, and that's why this is...
Our Discarded Plastic
May Doom Oysters
Feb 2, 2016 12:32 PM CST
Our Discarded Plastic May Doom Oysters
Ingested particles quickly damage their ability to produce, says study
- Oysters may have a new No. 1 menace in the sea: plastic. A troubling new study finds that oysters feeding on microplastics quickly develop serious reproduction problems, scientists report at Phys.org . In their study, researchers grew Pacific oysters in a lab and exposed them to the type of microplastic...
Lake Erie's Garbage Patch
May Be Worst of All
Apr 13, 2013 9:19 AM CDT
Lake Erie's Garbage Patch May Be Worst of All
Scientists find concentrations of plastic denser than those in ocean
- Huge swaths of plastic floating in the ocean get all the attention as emblems of nasty pollution, but rival patches closer to home in Lake Erie are in some ways worse, reports the Atlantic Cities blog. A new study finds that the lake has dense patches of tiny bits of...
Stories 21 - 23 |
Popular on Newser
Conway Spills on George, Kushner, Trump in New Book
She Was the City's Only Doctor. Russians Put a Bag Over Her Head
Russian Diplomat: I'm 'So Ashamed'
Cyclist Accused of Killing Fellow Rider Is at Large
Destructive Jumping Worms Are Now in California
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.