Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Swaddling Linked to Increased Risk of SIDS
Study reinforces importance of putting baby to sleep on back
- Parents are often told to swaddle their newborn babies in order to help them sleep, but a new analysis of studies finds that the practice may increase the risk of SIDS, the
New York Times
reports. Researchers looked at four studies that examined a total of 760 cases of sudden...
Swaddling May Be Bad for Babies' Hips
Surgeon warns of dangers in journal
- Swaddling is by all accounts on the rise among new parents, but a pediatric orthopedic surgeon thinks it's a bad trend, reports the BBC . Wrapping a baby tightly with blankets restricts the infant's hips from moving freely and raises the risk that they won't develop properly, the...
Sisters Post Bail, Accused of Over-Swaddling Infants
Bay Area women face felony child abuse charges at day care
- Two sisters who run a day care in California have posted a total of $680,000 bail on charges that they endangered the lives of infants under their care, reports NBC Bay Area . The case is drawing national attention for the unusual nature of the charges—Nazila and Lida Sharaf...
Popular on Newser
Teen Fatally Shot as He Watches Sunset With Girlfriend
Internet Horrified by Kim Kardashian's 40th Birthday Photos
There Hasn't Been an Ocean Find Like This in 120 Years
He Told Sisters to Wear Masks. He Was Stabbed 27 Times
White Castle Starting 'New Tradition' on Nov. 3
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.