Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
to Increased Risk
May 10, 2016 3:09 PM CDT
Swaddling Linked to Increased Risk of SIDS
Study reinforces importance of putting baby to sleep on back
- Parents are often told to swaddle their newborn babies in order to help them sleep, but a new analysis of studies finds that the practice may increase the risk of SIDS, the
New York Times
reports. Researchers looked at four studies that examined a total of 760 cases of sudden...
Swaddling May Be
Bad for Babies' Hips
Oct 29, 2013 4:45 PM CDT
Swaddling May Be Bad for Babies' Hips
Surgeon warns of dangers in journal
- Swaddling is by all accounts on the rise among new parents, but a pediatric orthopedic surgeon thinks it's a bad trend, reports the BBC . Wrapping a baby tightly with blankets restricts the infant's hips from moving freely and raises the risk that they won't develop properly, the...
Sisters Post Bail, Accused
of Over-Swaddling Infants
Apr 30, 2013 3:27 PM CDT
Sisters Post Bail, Accused of Over-Swaddling Infants
Bay Area women face felony child abuse charges at day care
- Two sisters who run a day care in California have posted a total of $680,000 bail on charges that they endangered the lives of infants under their care, reports NBC Bay Area . The case is drawing national attention for the unusual nature of the charges—Nazila and Lida Sharaf...
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Singer's Decision to Catch COVID on Purpose Kills Her
She Died on African Hunting Trip. 5 Years Later, Husband Is Arrested
Killer Pardoned by Governor Sentenced Again in Same Crime
Experts Say Anne Frank Bombshell Is 'Full of Errors'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.