Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
3D-Printed Gun Pioneer
Resigns Amid Sex Charges
Sep 26, 2018 12:43 AM CDT
3D-Printed Gun Pioneer Resigns Amid Sex Charges
Defense Distributed has a new CEO after Cody Wilson quits
- Defense Distributed says CEO Cody Wilson resigned Friday—the same day the 3D-printed gun pioneer was arrested in Taiwan after apparently fleeing sex charges in the US. Paloma Heindorff, the company's former head of product development, announced Tuesday that she is now leading the company because Wilson has "...
Fugitive 3D-Gun Advocate
Is Busted Overseas
Sep 21, 2018 10:22 AM CDT
Fugitive 3D-Gun Advocate Is Busted Overseas
Cody Wilson arrested in Taiwan, faces charges he paid a 16-year-old girl for sex in Texas
- A Texan who made his name as an activist for DIY guns has been arrested in Taiwan and will now face sex charges back in the US. Cody Wilson, who previously courted controversy by selling plans to make 3D-printed guns , was arrested in Taipei on Friday, reports Taiwan News . It...
Accused of Paying
16-Year-Old for Sex
Sep 19, 2018 3:47 PM CDT
Guy Behind 3D-Printed Guns Accused of Paying 16-Year-Old for Sex
Cody Wilson has not yet been arrested, was last known to be in Taiwan
- Cody Wilson, the Texas man who runs a controversial 3D-printed gun company at the center of a legal fight, is accused of paying an underage girl $500 to have sex with her. According to an arrest affidavit filed in Travis County district court on Wednesday, the 16-year-old told a counselor...
Despite Ruling, 3D-Printed
Gun Plans Are Being Sold
Aug 28, 2018 3:40 PM CDT
Despite Ruling, 3D-Printed Gun Plans Are Being Sold
Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed says he believes judge's ruling allows for that
- The owner of a Texas company that makes untraceable 3D-printed guns said Tuesday that he has begun selling the blueprints through his website to anyone who wants to make one, despite a federal court order barring him from posting the plans online. Cody Wilson said at a news conference that...
House's Plastic-Gun Ban
Has a Dangerous Loophole
Dec 4, 2013 12:53 PM CST
House's Plastic-Gun Ban Has a Dangerous Loophole
It doesn't take into account 3D technology: Eleanor Clift
- The good news is that the House yesterday passed in bipartisan fashion a 10-year extension of a law that requires guns to include metal parts, writes Eleanor Clift at the Daily Beast . In theory, then, the measure makes it a lot tougher to smuggle weapons through the metal detectors of,...
Philadelphia Is First City
to Ban 3D Guns
Nov 23, 2013 2:18 PM CST
Philadelphia Is First City to Ban 3D Guns
'It's all pre-emptive,' says aide to legislator who authored the bill
- With the idea of 3D-printed guns already causing controversy, the city of Philadelphia apparently doesn't want to take any chances. The city council this week voted to make such guns illegal, reports NBC Philadelphia . Once Mayor Michael Nutter signs off, that will make Philadelphia the first city in the...
Feds: These Plastic Guns
We Printed Are a Menace
Nov 14, 2013 4:22 AM CST
Feds: These Plastic Guns We Printed Are a Menace
3D-printable guns lethal, hard to detect, ATF warns
- After months of creating plastic guns with 3D printers, ATF agents have confirmed that they work—a lot of the time—and can be both lethal and very hard to detect. "We downloaded files, we created firearms from those files, and we tested those firearms," said the chief...
Feds Order 3D Gun Blueprints Taken Offline
May 9, 2013 5:53 PM CDT
Feds Order 3D Gun Blueprints Taken Offline
Defense Distributed will comply after 100K downloads in first 2 days
- When a company run by a Texas law student posted blueprints online this week for a 3D-printed gun, it logged more than 100,000 downloads in its first two days. Now, the State Department also has taken notice of the gambit by Cody Wilson at Defense Distributed , reports
Schumer Wants to Outlaw
May 6, 2013 9:29 AM CDT
Schumer Wants to Outlaw 3D-Printed Guns
After company unveils blueprints for one that actually fires
- Chuck Schumer is pushing for legislation banning guns made with 3D-printers, in the wake of a Texas organization's announcement that such things now actually exist . Defense Distributed, a nonprofit run by self-proclaimed "free-market anarchist" Cody Wilson, turned quite a few heads last week by announcing that it would...
Popular on Newser
Oscars Reviewing Rules After Controversial Nomination
Dallas Zoo Adds Another Mystery to the List
Woman Allegedly Killed Lookalike She Found on Instagram
TikTok Trend Leads to More Bad News for Kia, Hyundai Owners
With Laverne, Cindy Williams Skipped Through Milwaukee
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.