Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Last Year It Collapsed. Watch
What Happened to It Friday
Jun 28, 2019 7:27 AM CDT
Last Year It Collapsed. Watch What Happened to It Friday
Morandi Bridge in Genoa, Italy, is taken down in planned explosion
- It's been almost a year since the Morandi Bridge collapse in Italy that killed 43. What remained of the bridge is now no more. CNN reports that after roads were shut down and about 4,000 people were evacuated from the area in Genoa, demolition workers carried out a...
Family's Bodies Found Days
After Genoa Bridge Collapse
Aug 20, 2018 7:16 AM CDT
Family's Bodies Found Days After Genoa Bridge Collapse
Officials believe all missing have been accounted for
- It's been nearly a week since an "apocalyptic" bridge collapse in Italy, and the death toll has climbed for perhaps the last time. Reuters reports the bodies of three family members—the last three people believed missing—were pulled from a crushed car over the weekend in the...
Survivors Pulled From Cars
as Bridge Collapse Toll Hits 35
Aug 15, 2018 4:31 AM CDT
Survivors Pulled From Cars as Bridge Collapse Toll Hits 35
'There was total panic,' Genoa survivor says
- Rescuers say the scene—and the task before them—is similar to the aftermath of an earthquake, but the cause of the disaster in Genoa was very different. The confirmed death toll from Tuesday's bridge collapse now stands at 35, including at least three children, and rescuers worked long...
on a Genoa Bridge
Aug 14, 2018 7:50 AM CDT
'Apocalyptic Scene' on a Genoa Bridge
250-foot section collapses, killing at least 25
- A witness described an "apocalyptic scene" Tuesday in Genoa, Italy, where a 250-foot section of the Morandi Bridge on the A10 highway collapsed in a fierce storm, reports the AP . Mayor Marco Bucci says at least 25 people have been confirmed dead. The bridge is 300 feet high, and...
Reaches Final Destination
Jul 27, 2014 8:02 AM CDT
Costa Concordia Reaches Final Destination
Cruise ship reaches Genoa, where it will be dismantled
- The shipwrecked Costa Concordia cruise liner has completed its final journey. Pulled by tugboats and nudged by brisk winds, the wreck was today eased into Genoa's port, where it was built nine years ago and now will be scrapped. A large net was dragged behind the cruise ship, notes...
Into Italian Port
May 8, 2013 3:27 AM CDT
Deaths as Ship Slams Into Italian Port
4 killed, 6 missing after crash
- At least four people died after a cargo ship slammed into a control tower in the Italian port of Genoa last night, toppling it into the harbor. A half-dozen other people remain unaccounted for, including some feared trapped inside the submerged elevator of the control tower, officials said. The crash...
Popular on Newser
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Scientists Question Models After Arctic Ocean Finding
2 Planes Flew in From South Africa. 61 People Had COVID
Taylor Swift Just Outdid 'American Pie'
Bannon: Make My Court Documents Public
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.