Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
TWA Flight 800
Man Who Helped ID Every Flight 800 Victim Dies
Medical examiner Charles Wetli was at the center of a 4-year investigation
- Dr. Charles Wetli, a pioneer in forensic pathology, was in demand as an expert in other people's cases across the country. In 1996, it was a case of his own—the explosion of TWA Flight 800—that made the Long Island medical examiner a national figure, the
NTSB: Our TWA Flight 800 Conclusion Stands
Says petition failed to prove original findings were wrong, won't reopen probe
- Last year, a group of former US investigators including former NTSB investigator Henry Hughes petitioned the NTSB to re-open the investigation into the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800, but the agency yesterday announced it had "denied the petition in its entirety." The petitioners argued that the crash...
No Bomb, Missile Behind TWA 800 Crash: NTSB
Board declines to comment on petition for new probe
- Despite claims to the contrary, there is no evidence that a bomb or missile caused the July 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800, the National Transportation Safety Board insisted in a press conference yesterday. NTSB officials declined to comment directly on whether a petition calling for a fresh investigation will...
TWA Flight 800 Evidence Points to Missile: Petition
Former US investigators want NTSB to reopen the probe into crash
- As reported this morning , a group of former US investigators is now saying that TWA Flight 800 was not brought down by the NTSB's officially determined cause (a gas tank explosion). Now, they're getting more specific. The AP reports they did indeed today file a petition with the...
TWA Flight 800 Crash Not as Reported: Documentary
Former investigators say 'ordnance explosions' brought plane down
- Conspiracy theorists have long suspected TWA Flight 800 was brought down not by the NTSB's officially determined cause (a gas tank explosion), but by something less accidental, and a new documentary debuting next month will give them quite a bit of fuel. The film includes testimony from six high-level...
Popular on Newser
Pastor to Trump: 'the Lord' Told Me Who Will Win
First-Grade Remote Class Turns Absolutely Horrifying
One Emerging Factor May Help Trump's Chances
Senator's Treatment of Name 'Kamala' Gives Boost to Rival
Court: Man Who Wouldn't Shake Woman's Hand Can't Be Citizen
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.