Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Adult Diapers Are a Scourge
in Japan—and an Opportunity
Nov 21, 2021 5:11 PM CST
Adult Diapers Are a Scourge in Japan—and an Opportunity
Rather than incinerating them, diapers are starting to be recycled
- It's a somewhat ominous-sounding sentence, but the comparison isn't as grim as it seems: "The operations slightly evoke the factory scenes from
, the 1973 dystopian thriller in which nutrition wafers are made from human remains." So write Motoko Rich and Makiko Inoue for the...
Depend's New Target:
Apr 4, 2015 1:09 PM CDT
Depend's New Target: Young Women
Campaign goes after different demographic
- It wouldn't be the first demographic that comes to mind for adult diapers, but Advertising Age notes that Depend's new campaign is going after younger women. The new ad features pantless women walking around in underwear called Silhouette Active Fit. "It's a recognition that many women...
Japan Will Sell More
Adult Diapers Than
Baby Diapers by 2020
Jul 13, 2013 4:56 PM CDT
Japan Will Sell More Adult Diapers Than Baby Diapers by 2020
Aging population drives incontinence market growth
- Hot stock tip: the market for "incontinence products" in Japan is a $1.4 billion-per-year industry, and it's growing at 6-10% a year, thanks to the country's aging population, reports Japanese newspaper
, per Quartz . Japan has the highest percentage of people over the age of 65...
Popular on Newser
Things Got Ugly After Dallas' Wild Playoff Loss
Researchers May Have Found Anne Frank's Betrayer
'Inexcusable' Assignment at Middle School Spurs Outrage
Boy, 13, Dies After Ingesting Fentanyl, Collapsing at School
Friction Is Heating Up Between Trump, DeSantis
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.