Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ye Meng Yuan
San Francisco: Asiana Victim Didn't Buckle Her Seatbelt
City insists rescuers didn't kill Ye Meng Yuan
- A girl thrown from a plane that crashed at San Francisco International Airport died before she was twice run over by fire trucks , according to a city-issued report that contradicts a coroner's finding that the teen survived the crash and was killed by the vehicles. Instead, the city said...
Rescuer Who Hit Asiana Flier Was Told 'There's a Body'
Video: Emergency workers discussed Asiana victim Ye Meng Yuan
- Video obtained this week by CBS News and released for the first time shows that Ye Meng Yuan, the 16-year-old who survived the Asiana Airlines crash landing in San Francisco only to be run over and killed by a fire truck, was in fact spotted by rescuers before she was...
Family of Girl Run Over After Plane Crash Sues
It accuses SF firefighters of recklessness
- The parents of a teenage girl run over and killed by two emergency vehicles after an Asiana Airlines crash have filed a claim against the city of San Francisco, saying rescuers were reckless and poorly trained. Attorneys for the parents of 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan say firefighters who first saw...
Asiana Victim Was Left to Fend for Herself: Attorney
Lawyer claims Ye Meng Yuan was 'not properly cared for'
- The fallout from the Asiana plane crash continues, as authorities and lawyers investigate who—if anyone—is to blame for the death of Ye Meng Yuan, the 16-year-old who was likely killed after being run over by a fire truck, rather than the crash itself. The law firm representing the...
Asiana Victim Killed by Vehicle, Not Crash
Coroner confirms she was alive when run over
- A California coroner has confirmed the wrenching truth: One of the teen victims of the Asiana Airlines crash was killed not by the crash but by an emergency vehicle. The San Mateo coroner concluded that 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan of China was alive when she was run over by the...
Popular on Newser
White Castle Starting 'New Tradition' on Nov. 3
Teen Fatally Shot as He Watches Sunset With Girlfriend
With One Week to Go, Here's What the Polls Say
Internet Horrified by Kim Kardashian's 40th Birthday Photos
Jim Carrey as Joe Biden on SNL Isn't Going Over Well
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.