Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,746,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Sheriff Errs in Boulder Warning, to Twitter's Glee
'Large boulder the size of a small boulder' is a hit
- For 30 minutes Monday, a boulder blocked a lane of highway in San Miguel County, Colorado. And for the rest of the day, Twitter users were infatuated, and also a little confused. "Large boulder the size of a small boulder is completely blocking east-bound lane Highway 145 mm78 at...
'Wizard Rock' Returned Weeks After It Vanished From Forest
1-ton boulder went missing from Arizona forest
- A 1-ton boulder known as Wizard Rock disappeared from Prescott National Forest in Arizona and then "magically" reappeared weeks later. The United States Forest Service says visitors reported around two weeks ago that the well-known rock, a black boulder with white quartz running through it, had vanished from its...
Colorado Says 'Memorial Boulder' Is Staying Put
State thinks it could become tourist attraction
- A boulder the size of a house that tumbled across and gouged a southwestern Colorado state highway last month will stay put. State officials plan to rebuild the highway next to it, saving taxpayers money and possibly creating a tourist attraction, the AP reports. Democratic Gov. Jared Polis says Colorado...
Colorado Hit By Abnormally Massive Avalanche
One of the rocks was the size of a building
- A section of road between Cortez and Telluride in southwest Colorado was obliterated by two massive boulders, authorities say. The Colorado Department of Transportation says a slide "consisting of dirt, rock, and two huge boulders" hit Colorado 145 on Friday, causing no injuries but leaving a trench 8 feet...
76-Year-Old Was Gardening. Then the Boulders Fell
Man crushed to death by falling rocks in his backyard
- Police in Massachusetts say a man was crushed to death by falling boulders while working in his backyard, the AP reports. Authorities say the 76-year-old was doing yard work in Peabody on Monday when a retaining wall gave way, causing large rocks to fall on top of him. A crane...
Rolling Boulder Leaves Wild Path of Destruction
No one hurt, but repairs could cost millions
- Some 141,000 cubic feet of rock tumbled from the face of an Italian cliff this month, sending a boulder tearing through a 300-year-old farm. The rock rolled through a barn in the Alto-Adige region, resulting in millions of dollars' worth of damage, says the manager of the site, which...
Popular on Newser
Forbes Redid the Numbers. It's Bad News for Kylie Jenner
Trump: 'Haters' Are Distorting My Tweet About Looters
Men Hired for Sexual Fantasy Broke Into Wrong House
9-Year-Old Killed While Checking Mail
Fired Minneapolis Cop Charged With Murder
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.