Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
This Is What Happened Just Before Fort Hood Rampage
Lopez was enraged by leave argument
- Specialist Ivan Lopez fired at least 35 shots during his 8-minute rampage at Fort Hood military base, killing three of his fellow soldiers and wounding 16, military investigators say in a detailed account of the shooting. The military has also confirmed that the shooting began after Lopez had an argument...
Fort Hood Shooter Ranted About Lanza
Ivan Lopez thought Newtown shooter 'pretended to be victim of mental illness'
- Ivan Lopez was apparently something of an over-sharer on Facebook: CNN reports that the Fort Hood shooter ranted about Adam Lanza, complaining that the Newtown gunman was after his "minute of fame as a villain" and "pretends to be a victim of a mental illness followed by addiction...
'Escalating Argument' Led to Shooting, Says Pentagon
Ivan Lopez may have been upset about his request for leave
- A bit of clarity is starting to form about what prompted Ivan Lopez to open fire at Fort Hood this week. Investigators are backing up early reports that Lopez had an argument with one or more soldiers immediately prior to the assault, reports AP . And while Lopez's mental health...
Shooter's Dad: He Wasn't in 'His Right Mind'
Ivan Lopez reportedly argued with Fort Hood officials about denied leave
- Count the father of Fort Hood shooter Ivan Lopez among those baffled by this week's deadly rampage . "My son must not have been in his right mind," said Ivan Lopez Sr. in a family statement in Puerto Rico, reports
. "He wasn't like that....
2 More Heroes Emerge From Fort Hood Shooting
Timothy Owens, Danny Ferguson both died amid acts of bravery
- As investigators continue to puzzle over the motive of Fort Hood gunman Ivan Lopez, two more tales of heroism during the shooting have emerged:
Military counselor Timothy Owens was one of the three people Lopez killed, and his wife says he was shot five times as he tried to calm
Army: 'Strong Indication' of 'Verbal Altercation'
But Ivan Lopez's rampage still baffling to friends, investigators
- A full day of coverage about Ivan Lopez hasn't shed much light on why he opened fire on fellow soldiers at Fort Hood. In fact, the
quotes the mayor of Lopez's native town in Puerto Rico describing him as "quiet," "introverted," and...
Fort Hood Shooter Saw No Combat: Army
He worked as a truck driver in Iraq
- More background but no answers in the case of yesterday's shooting at Fort Hood: The Army today confirmed that the gunman worked as a truck driver in Iraq from August to December 2011. He saw no combat, and the AP reports that his service record contains no mention of...
'Heroic' Female Cop Stopped Fort Hood Shooter
Ivan Lopez was being assessed for PTSD
- The man who shot three people dead at Fort Hood military base before killing himself has been identified as Army Spec. Ivan Lopez, a military truck driver who was being evaluated for post-traumatic stress disorder. The Texas base's commander says the 34-year-old, who served in Iraq for four months...
Popular on Newser
Before SCOTUS Vote, Democrats Have Request for Pence
Man Uses Most Unusual Way to Take Down Biden Signs: Cops
10 Best Horror Movies in History
Felicity Huffman Has Paid Full Debt to Society
Vaccine Candidate Has Good News for Seniors
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.