Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
University of Richmond
Mom on College
'Maybe It's His Own Brain'
Dec 14, 2018 12:30 PM CST
Mom on College Footballer's Suicide: 'Maybe It's His Own Brain'
Augustus Lee's brain to be studied by concussion researchers
- Phyllis Lee was shocked to learn her 20-year-old son, a University of Richmond football player, had killed himself by asphyxiation in his car just off campus, where his body was found early Tuesday, per
. "I just wonder if something happened … because what he did was so...
Frat Suspended for
'Grossly Offensive' Email
Sep 14, 2016 4:04 AM CDT
Frat Suspended for 'Grossly Offensive' Email
Richmond punishes Kappa Alphas over party invite
- The University of Richmond has suspended a fraternity for what it says was a "grossly offensive" email inviting students to a Kappa Alpha Order party last Friday, CBS News reports. "Tonight's the type of night that makes fathers afraid to send their daughters away to school" and...
3rd Body Found
May 11, 2014 2:40 PM CDT
3rd Body Found After Virginia Balloon Crash
University basketball official's body had been missing
- Virginia state police say they've found the body of the third passenger of a hot air balloon that drifted into a power line, burst into flames, and fell into a heavily wooded area about 25 miles north of Richmond. A spokeswoman said searchers found the body this morning. Police...
Popular on Newser
2nd Woman Dumped at LA Hospital Dies
Parents of Oxford Suspect Caught After Manhunt
You Know About Foster Care, Maybe Not Its 'Shadow' System
He Stuck Out His Arm to Get Vaxxed. It Was 'Cold and Gummy'
Shellshocked Docs Call Bomb Squad for Man With Ordnance in Rectum
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.