Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Wassef Ali Hassoun
Feb 23, 2015 11:42 AM CST
Marine Who Vanished in Iraq Convicted of Desertion
Sentencing expected later this week for Wassef Hassoun
- A US Marine who vanished a decade ago in Iraq has been found guilty of desertion charges related to his disappearances there and in Lebanon. The judge, Marine Maj. Nicholas Martz, gave his verdict today in the bench trial of Cpl. Wassef Hassoun . Martz found that Hassoun was guilty of...
Marine Who Vanished in
Iraq in 2004 Goes on Trial
Feb 9, 2015 9:34 AM CST
Marine Who Vanished in Iraq in 2004 Goes on Trial
Wassef Ali Hassoun claimed he was taken hostage
- The trial is set to begin today at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina for a Marine who vanished in Iraq a decade ago and then wound up in Lebanon. Defense attorneys maintain Cpl. Wassef Hassoun was kidnapped in 2004 by insurgents and later became tangled up in Lebanese courts. But...
of Faking Iraq
Jun 30, 2014 4:49 AM CDT
Marine Accused of Faking Iraq Kidnap Resurfaces
Wassef Ali Hassoun was charged with desertion twice
- A Marine who disappeared from a base in Fallujah a decade ago, turned up in Lebanon weeks later, and then vanished again while facing desertion charges has resurfaced—and the military presumably has a lot of questions to ask him. After Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun vanished from the base in...
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Final Autopsy Results Released
Polygamous Leader Had 'Wives' as Young as 9: FBI
Raphael Warnock Wins Georgia Runoff Election
Iranian Patrol Boat Tries to Temporarily Blind US Navy Ships
Germany Uncovers Alleged Coup Plot Involving Aristocrat
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.