Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
tallest water slide
Designer of Waterslide Arrested at Airport
John Schooley drew up 17-story ride on which a boy died in 2016
- The designer of the world's tallest waterslide—on which the 10-year-old son of a Kansas state lawmaker was decapitated in 2016—has been arrested. John Schooley, who drew up the 17-story attraction at Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City, was taken into custody Tuesday at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport...
World's Tallest Water Slide to Close for Good After Death
Schlitterbahn water park's 168-foot Verruckt slide to be taken down
- The 10-year-old son of a Kansas lawmaker died on the world's tallest water slide this summer, and that ride is now closed for good. Caleb Schwab, the son of state Rep. Scott Schwab, suffered a "fatal neck injury" Aug. 7 on the 168-foot Verruckt slide at the Schlitterbahn...
Source: Kansas Boy Was Decapitated on Waterslide
Other riders say their raft flew into the air
- The death of 10-year-old Caleb Schwab on the world's tallest waterslide was even more horrific than early reports indicated, a source tells the AP . The source says the boy, son of Kansas lawmaker Scott Schwab, was decapitated in the accident, which is being investigated but hasn't been explained...
Cops: Neck Injury Caused Boy's Waterslide Death
Questions still surround death of Kansas boy
- The death of 10-year-old Caleb Thomas Schwab on the world's tallest waterslide Sunday was the result of a "fatal neck injury," police said Monday—but they have not disclosed what caused the injury. As the investigation into the boy's death at the Schlitterbahn Kansas City Water...
Lawmaker's Son Dies on World's Tallest Waterslide
Kansas waterpark shuts down after death of boy, 10
- The world's tallest waterslide has been shut down indefinitely while authorities investigate the tragic death of a lawmaker's son. Caleb Thomas Schwab, 10, died Sunday afternoon on the "Verruckt" waterslide at the Schlitterbahn waterpark in Kansas City, Kansas. The boy, son of state Rep. Scott Schwab, was...
What It's Like to Test Earth's Most Insane Water Slide
Kansas City's crazy 'Verruckt' slide tests first people
- If climbing up 264 steps, strapping yourself into an inflatable raft with Velcro, and plummeting 17 stories at speeds of up to 65mph isn’t your thing—well, just be glad you’re not the human guinea pigs doing a first run on the Verruckt , said by io9 to be...
Popular on Newser
Trump Did Not Like What He Saw on 60 Minutes
10 Random Assaults in 20 Nights Has City on Edge
Nurse's TikTok COVID Video May Cost Her a Job
Senator: There Is 'Zero Chance' of Confirming Biden Pick
This Solstice, a Sight Not Seen Since Middle Ages
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.