Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
In Ida's Wake,
100 Say They're
Sep 1, 2021 10:06 AM CDT
In Ida's Wake, 100 Say They're Stranded Aboard Ship
Crew endured 80-foot waves as hurricane passed by
- More than 100 men on a drill ship in the Gulf of Mexico say they endured 80-foot waves as Hurricane Ida passed by and are now stranded, with no clue when they'll be rescued. The crew aboard Noble Corporation's
drill ship, about 100 miles off Louisiana,...
'Living Hell' Ends for 5 Men
Stranded at Sea for Years
Feb 17, 2021 7:25 AM CST
'Living Hell' Ends for 5 Men Stranded at Sea for Years
The crew of the oil tanker MT Iba will be paid, go home
- They've called it "living hell," understandably. Five men who have been stuck at sea for years—some since July 2017—have finally set foot on land. The
explains they had been crewing the 5,000-ton MT Iba when the oil tanker's owner, Alco Shipping, ran...
British Artist Stranded at Sea
After Shipping Firm Collapses
Sep 15, 2016 12:06 PM CDT
British Artist Stranded at Sea After Shipping Firm Collapses
Rebecca Moss calls it 'completely ironic'
- When British artist Rebecca Moss set out to sea for a 23-day adventure last month, it was to to "explore the comedic potential of the clash between mechanical systems and nature," as the
puts it. Little did she know just how real things were about to get....
Ship Rescues 3 Stranded
in Rough Seas Off Hawaii
Aug 12, 2014 11:00 AM CDT
Ship Rescues 3 Stranded in Rough Seas Off Hawaii
Sailors safe after Hurricane Julio battered boat
- A container ship crew yesterday rescued three men who were stranded in a sailboat off the Hawaiian Islands for about 24 hours as their vessel was battered by Hurricane Julio's 30-foot waves and 115mph winds. The sailors from the 42-foot Walkabout made it onto the Maston Inc. container ship...
Popular on Newser
Ukrainians Flee Recaptured City
Florida Beaches Run Short of Sand
Irish Court to Elon Musk: No, You Can't Fire This Exec
Huge Fatal Landslide Blamed on Ill-Advised Development
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.