Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Smashes His Own
Sep 26, 2022 1:00 AM CDT
Eliud Kipchoge Smashes His Own Marathon Record
Finishes the Berlin Marathon in 2:01:09
- Eliud Kipchoge not only won the men's division in Sunday's Berlin Marathon, he beat the world record he himself set on the same course in 2018. The 37-year-old Kenyan runner, called the best marathon runner in the world, finished in 2:01:09, 30 seconds faster than his...
Olympic Champ Joins
Thousands in Paris Run
Oct 31, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
Olympic Champ Joins Thousands in Paris Run
Eliud Kipchoge starts at the back of the race on the Champs-Elysees
- Some 3,600 amateur runners faced off Sunday against Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge in a special race in the heart of Paris, an event tied to the city's hosting of the 2024 Olympics. The runners raced along the historic, cobblestoned Champs-Elysees, with Kipchoge starting off last, darting alongside....
He Broke the 2-Hour Marathon
'Barrier.' How? There's No Secret
Apr 5, 2020 12:20 PM CDT
He Broke the 2-Hour Marathon 'Barrier.' How? There's No Secret
Eliud Kipchoge did what many believed couldn't be done
- For decades, it was believed to be impossible to run a marathon in less than two hours. Then, in October, Eliud Kipchoge became the first person to do it. How? Knox Robinson spent time with Kipchoge at his rural training camp in Kenya, and in an extensive piece for
Marathon's World Record
Has Been Shattered
Sep 16, 2018 6:07 AM CDT
Marathon's World Record Has Been Shattered
Kenya's Eliud Kipchoge fells record by more than a minute in Berlin Marathon
- Eliud Kipchoge has an Olympic gold medal in the marathon, and has clocked the fastest recorded time of 26.2 miles in an unratified race, but now he holds the official world record—and by quite a bit, coming in at 2 hours, 1 minute, 39 seconds in Sunday's...
26 Seconds Short of
May 6, 2017 9:07 AM CDT
Runner Falls 26 Seconds Short of 2-Hour Marathon
'We are human,' Kipchoge says
- Eliud Kipchoge was 26 seconds from making history on Saturday but the Olympic champion finished just short of becoming the first person to run a marathon in less than two hours. Kipchoge ran the 26.2 mile around an oval track in an impressive 2 hours, 25 seconds, smashing Dennis...
at Chicago Marathon
Oct 12, 2014 11:51 AM CDT
Kenyans Romp at Chicago Marathon
Eliud Kipchoge, Rita Jeptoo win; 1-2-3 sweep for the men
- Kenyans ruled the Chicago Marathon today, with Eliud Kipchoge leading a 1-2-3 men's sweep and compatriot Rita Jeptoo repeating as the women's winner. Kipchoge pulled away over the last two miles for his first major marathon victory, finishing in 2 hours, 4 minutes, 11 seconds. He was followed...
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.