Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ted Cruz 2016
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cruz Drops Out; Trump
Is 'Presumptive Nominee'
May 4, 2016 12:33 AM CDT
Cruz Drops Out; Trump Is 'Presumptive Nominee'
'We're going after Hillary Clinton,' says Trump
- Ted Cruz is out. The Texas senator is ending his campaign after being routed in Indiana by Donald Trump in Tuesday's primary, reports the AP . Cruz had staged a last stand in the state in the hope of preventing Trump from securing the nomination, but he told supporters that...
Falls Off Stage
May 2, 2016 4:30 PM CDT
Fiorina Introduces Cruz Family, Falls Off Stage
- Carly Fiorina's introduction of Ted Cruz and his family Sunday in La Porte, Indiana, didn't go exactly as planned, Mashable reports. "Welcome your next First Family—Heidi Cruz, your next First Lady, Caroline and Catherine, and the next President of the United States, Ted Cruz!" says...
Poll: Cruz's Plan to Stop
Trump Backfires Big Time
May 2, 2016 7:22 AM CDT
Poll: Cruz's Plan to Stop Trump Backfires Big Time
Indiana voters aren't pleased with divide-and-conquer scheme
- The tables have turned for Sen. Ted Cruz in Indiana ahead of Tuesday's primary vote, though not in the direction he was hoping. On Saturday night, the
reported that the Texas senator had a healthy 16-point lead over Trump in voter support (44.8% to 29%, per...
Trump 'Got Burned' by Arizona
May 1, 2016 8:57 AM CDT
Trump 'Got Burned' by Arizona
Cruz wins most of the delegates at Saturday's convention
- Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention Saturday, winning virtually all of the 28 at-large national delegates and roughly splitting the 27 delegates selected by congressional district, reports the AP . As Politico puts it, "Trump's campaign got burned ... in the hunt for...
as VP Pick
Apr 27, 2016 3:47 PM CDT
Ted Cruz Names Fiorina as VP Pick
Yep, that's what the big announcement was
- Ted Cruz's big 4pm announcement ? As sources told Politico in advance that he would, he named Carly Fiorina as his vice presidential running mate. "After a great deal of consideration and prayer, I have come to the conclusion that if I am nominated to be president of...
Rumors Fly as
Cruz Teases 'Major
Apr 27, 2016 11:05 AM CDT
Rumors Fly as Cruz Teases 'Major Announcement'
He could reveal his VP pick or a new endorsement
- Is Ted Cruz about to name his VP ? The Republican contender says he'll make a "major announcement" at a 4pm press conference Wednesday in Indianapolis. Asked if it has anything to do with his potential VP, Cruz told reporters they'd have to wait and see, per...
Trump Sweeps All 5 States
Apr 26, 2016 7:35 PM CDT
Trump Sweeps All 5 States
Frontrunner dominates Tuesday's races
- Donald Trump is having a big night, as expected. Five states voted Tuesday, and CNN called Connecticut, Maryland, and Pennsylvania for Trump as soon as the polls closed at 8 Eastern—and then Rhode Island and Delaware about 30 minutes later. The only
suspense will be how the delegate...
Trump Wins New York;
Will He Get
Apr 19, 2016 9:00 PM CDT
Trump Wins New York; Will He Get
Race called immediately
- The least suspenseful part of the New York Republican primary is history: Donald Trump has won his home state over Ted Cruz and John Kasich in a rout, with the race called by CNN and AP as soon as polls closed at 9pm Eastern. Now the big question: How many...
to Ted Cruz
Apr 19, 2016 12:48 PM CDT
Congressman Prefers Cyanide to Ted Cruz
Peter King votes for Kasich
- There's not endorsing someone, and then there's this: "I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I'll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination." So says GOP congressman Peter King of New York City on his state's primary day, reports Politico . He made the...
Cruz Sweeps Wyoming
Apr 17, 2016 6:37 AM CDT
Cruz Sweeps Wyoming
Trump again shut out in a Western state
- Painstaking organization and in-person campaigning paid off again for Ted Cruz on Saturday as he nailed down all 14 delegates up for grabs at the Republican convention in Wyoming. The result leaves Donald Trump facing yet another loss in a string of defeats in Western states, reports the AP . Saturday'...
No One Wanted to
Hear Ted Cruz
Speak at GOP Gala
Apr 15, 2016 1:55 PM CDT
No One Wanted to Hear Ted Cruz Speak at GOP Gala
A 'stunningly distracted' crowd preferred chatting and selfies
- Ted "New York values" Cruz faced a tough crowd Thursday at the New York State Republican gala, BuzzFeed reports. According to NBC News , the crowd of 800 Republicans was "stunningly distracted" during his speech, which was "almost entirely ignored." Talking Points Memo is a bit gentler,...
Splurge: 100 Cans of Soup
Apr 14, 2016 9:00 AM CDT
Cruz's Post-Honeymoon Splurge: 100 Cans of Soup
It was Campbell's Chunky, Heidi Cruz revealed at CNN town hall
- Ted Cruz showed up Wednesday for a CNN town hall—or what Gawker frames as "another glimpse into the waking hell that is Heidi Cruz’s daily life"—with his wife and two young daughters in tow, and Heidi offered up a personal, if bizarre, nugget of life...
Apr 12, 2016 4:48 PM CDT
Drudge Report Emerges as Factor in GOP Race
One analysis says this is not good news for Cruz
- Matt Drudge and his Drudge Report have become a big focus of the Republican race this week. Things really took off Monday when Ted Cruz told a conservative radio host that Drudge's website "has basically become the attack site for the Trump campaign," reports BuzzFeed . Cruz took...
Fate in NJ Birther
Apr 12, 2016 6:44 AM CDT
Cruz Learns Fate in NJ Birther Debate Tuesday
Judge could remove him from the ballot
- Ted Cruz's fate in New Jersey might come down to a single vote—or rather, a single ruling. A judge will rule Tuesday on whether the Canadian-born senator is eligible to appear on the June 7 Republican primary ballot in the state, per the
. On Monday, three residents...
Ted Cruz Sweeps
Apr 10, 2016 12:37 AM CDT
Ted Cruz Sweeps Colorado Delegates
Increasing the chances of a contested convention
- Ted Cruz completed his sweep of Colorado's 34 delegates on Saturday, netting 13 more delegates at Colorado's state GOP convention, the AP reports. The Texas Senator already had locked up the support of 21 Colorado delegates and visited the state to try to pad his numbers there. Keeping...
Cruz, Sanders Notch
Big Wins in Wisconsin
Apr 5, 2016 9:27 PM CDT
Cruz, Sanders Notch Big Wins in Wisconsin
Both looking for momentum
- Just one state voted Tuesday, but there was still plenty at stake in Wisconsin for both parties—and it was a good night for Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders. On the Republican side, Cruz scored an easy victory over Donald Trump and John Kasich, reports CNN . With 97% or results...
Mar 24, 2016 6:03 AM CDT
Trump Retweets Image Insulting Heidi Cruz
Shows her side by side with Trump's wife
- Donald Trump isn't letting Ted Cruz's wife out of his crosshairs just yet: On Wednesday night, he retweeted an insult about her looks, reports Mediaite . The tweet reading, "A picture is worth a thousand words" shows side-by-side images of Heidi Cruz and Trump's wife, Melania—the...
Mar 23, 2016 7:15 AM CDT
Jeb Bush: Reject Trump, Vote Cruz
He's 'demonstrated the ability to appeal to voters,' says Bush
- Jeb Bush endorsed Ted Cruz on Wednesday in what Politico calls "a massive boost for Cruz with the establishment wing of the GOP." But like other Republicans who've shown support for the Texas senator, Bush seems less than thrilled. Cruz presents "the only way Republicans can...
What to Know as
3 More States Vote
Mar 22, 2016 6:19 AM CDT
What to Know as 3 More States Vote
Here's looking at you, Arizona, Utah, and Idaho
- The 2016 race moves westward Tuesday. Arizona and Utah will vote for their candidates of choice, while Idaho Democrats will caucus, reports the AP . (Ted Cruz previously took the latter state for Republicans.) It'll be a late one, with Utah Republicans permitted to vote online until 1am EDT—...
Voting for Cruz
Mar 18, 2016 4:17 PM CDT
Romney: I'm Voting for Cruz
But he doesn't sound all that excited about it
- Another somewhat endorse-y non-endorsement for Ted Cruz: "This week, in the Utah nominating caucus, I will vote for Senator Ted Cruz," Mitt Romney posted on Facebook Friday. Romney never actually uses any form of the word "endorse" in the statement, which Mashable refers to as a "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
House GOP Ousts Democrat Omar From Major Committee
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.