Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Coroner Reveals Fatal Drug Combo for Pilot, Wife
Brian and Courtney Halye injected cocaine laced with elephant tranquilizer carfentanil
- The reason four kids in Ohio woke up to find their parents dead : Brian and Courtney Halye not only injected cocaine, they injected cocaine laced with a tranquilizer so potent it's used on elephants and rhinos. The Montgomery County coroner has concluded that the Halyes used cocaine mixed with...
China Bans Drug So Deadly It's a 'Terror Threat'
Carfentanil is so lethal an amount smaller than poppy seed can kill
- So deadly it's considered a terrorist threat, carfentanil has been legal in China—until now. Beijing is banning carfentanil and three similar drugs as of March 1, China's Ministry of Public Security said Thursday, closing a major regulatory loophole in the fight to end America's opioid epidemic....
Chemical Weapon for Sale: China's Unregulated Narcotic
The AP found 12 Chinese companies willing to ship carfentanil to the US
- It's one of the strongest opioids in circulation, so deadly an amount smaller than a poppy seed can kill a person. Until July, when reports of carfentanil overdoses began to surface in the US, the substance was best known for knocking out moose and elephants—or as a chemical...
'Deeply Concerning': 7 Die of ODs in 1 Day in Cleveland Area
Officials aren't sure what drug is to blame
- Authorities are trying to discover the types of drugs involved in a spate of overdoses that killed seven people in the Cleveland area Sunday in the latest outbreak of drug overdoses in Ohio. Officials suspect they were either heroin or fentanyl, the AP reports. "This cluster of deaths is...
Elephant Tranquilizer Confirmed in Fatal Overdoses
'A tiny bit can kill a person,' says expert
- A coroner in Ohio has confirmed the country's first fatal drug overdoses caused by carfentanil —an animal tranquilizer so powerful that a dose smaller than a snowflake can kill a human. The cases come from Hamilton County, an area including Cincinnati, which has recorded more than 200 overdoses...
Heroin Being Cut With Drug That Can Kill an Elephant
2 counties in Indiana and Ohio had up to 60 ODs in a 2-day period this week
- One hundred times more potent than the drug that played a role in killing Prince and 10,000 times stronger than morphine, carfentanil is the strongest opioid commercially available—an animal tranquilizer so lethal it can kill if absorbed through the skin and permanently take out a 7-ton elephant, per...
Popular on Newser
Ken Jennings Blasted for Tweet He Chose Not to Delete
Doctor Has 'Chilling' Warning in Viral COVID Video
What Happened in This Wawa Did Not Stay in This Wawa
SCOTUS Sides With Religious Groups Over COVID Restrictions
'Zombie' COVID-Infected Mink Re-Emerging From Graves
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.