Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NYC Bombing Suspect 'Too
Injured to See Lawyer'
Sep 27, 2016 12:13 AM CDT
NYC Bombing Suspect 'Too Injured to See Lawyer'
Ahmad Rahami may have been unconscious for a week
- New York and New Jersey bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami is still in the hospital and is too badly injured to have been arrested, let alone meet a lawyer, according to officials. In a court order Monday, US Magistrate Judge Mark Falk revealed that Rahami, who was injured in a shootout...
Bag Turned Homeless
NJ Man's Life Around
Sep 22, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
That Bomb-Filled Bag Turned Homeless NJ Man's Life Around
GoFundMe campaign raised more than $20K
- A backpack full of pipe bombs intended to cause terror and carnage ended up turning a homeless man's life around instead. Lee Parker and his friend Ivan White alerted police after they found the backpack in a garbage can in Elizabeth, NJ, Sunday night. Authorities say the bomb was...
Charges Filed Against Alleged
Bomber Ahmad Rahami
Sep 20, 2016 6:59 PM CDT
Charges Filed Against Alleged Bomber Ahmad Rahami
'The sounds of bombs will be heard in the streets,' he wrote in a journal
- Championing jihad, bombing suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami vowed to martyr himself rather than be caught after setting off explosives in New York and New Jersey, and he'd hoped in a handwritten journal that "the sounds of bombs will be heard in the streets," authorities said Tuesday as...
Can Blacks 'Get a
Sep 20, 2016 1:40 PM CDT
Can Blacks 'Get a Little' Ahmad Rahami Treatment?
Meaning not getting gunned down whenever cops want to talk or apprehend them: Shaun King
- Shaun King is relieved cops caught New York/New Jersey bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami Monday. And he calls it "amazing" in his essay for the
New York Daily News
that the two police officers in Linden, NJ, who apprehended Rahami were able to bring in the armed 28-year-old alive, all...
Bombing Suspect's Dad Told
Cops His Son Was a Terrorist
Sep 20, 2016 12:14 PM CDT
Bombing Suspect's Dad Told Cops His Son Was a Terrorist
And then he took it back shortly after his 2014 statement
- The father of the suspect accused of two separate bombings in New York and New Jersey over the weekend, as well as planting bombs in a third location, reportedly told cops two years ago that his son, Ahmad Rahami , was a terrorist, two senior law enforcement officials tell the
Trump Unhappy About Hospital,
Lawyer for Bomb Suspect
Sep 20, 2016 6:11 AM CDT
Trump Unhappy About Hospital, Lawyer for Bomb Suspect
'He'll probably even have room service'
- Bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami was taken into custody after a shootout Monday—and Donald Trump is not happy about the standard of care he believes the 28-year-old Afghan immigrant is receiving. "Now we will give him amazing hospitalization. He will be taken care of by some of the best...
Bomb Suspect's Family Eatery
Targeted on Yelp
Sep 20, 2016 2:50 AM CDT
Bomb Suspect's Family Eatery Targeted on Yelp
Family complained about anti-Muslim bias years ago
- The adage "There's no such thing as bad publicity" probably doesn't ring true for the owners of First American Fried Chicken: The Elizabeth, NJ, restaurant is owned by the family of alleged bomber Ahmad Rahami , and Vice reports that its Yelp page is being spammed with negative...
What We Know About the
Suspected NYC, NJ Bomber
Sep 19, 2016 7:41 PM CDT
What We Know About the Suspected NYC, NJ Bomber
Ahmad Rahami changed after a trip to Afghanistan, friends say
- Ahmad Rahami worked at his family's fried chicken restaurant in New Jersey, sometimes handing out free food to customers who were short on cash. His family let a local rapper and his friends host rap battles in the restaurant, and he liked to talk about street racing. But he...
Man Sought in NYC Bombing
Taken Into Custody
Sep 19, 2016 11:22 AM CDT
Man Sought in NYC Bombing Taken Into Custody
Ahmad Kahn Rahami captured after shootout in Linden, NJ
- The 28-year-old sought for questioning in this weekend's bombings and near-bombings in New York City and New Jersey is in custody, reports CNN . The network says Ahmad Khan Rahami—a naturalized US citizen born in Afghanistan—was captured after a shootout with police, and AP reports the same. Images...
FBI Looking for 28-Year-Old
in Connection to NYC Bombing
Sep 19, 2016 7:03 AM CDT
FBI Looking for 28-Year-Old in Connection to NYC Bombing
Afghan native Ahmad Khan Rahami is wanted for questioning
- Authorities have released their first "wanted" name in connection to Saturday night's Manhattan bombing. The FBI is looking for 28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahami, who is described as a naturalized US citizen born in Afghanistan. His last known address was in Elizabeth, NJ, where five more devices were found...
Popular on Newser
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
Big Tobacco Made Junk Food Addictive, Too
She Just Broke Marathon Record by 2 Minutes
This Time, Senator May Not Survive His Bribery Scandal
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.