Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
NYC Bombing Suspect 'Too Injured to See Lawyer'
Ahmad Rahami may have been unconscious for a week
- New York and New Jersey bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami is still in the hospital and is too badly injured to have been arrested, let alone meet a lawyer, according to officials. In a court order Monday, US Magistrate Judge Mark Falk revealed that Rahami, who was injured in a shootout...
That Bomb-Filled Bag Turned Homeless NJ Man's Life Around
GoFundMe campaign raised more than $20K
- A backpack full of pipe bombs intended to cause terror and carnage ended up turning a homeless man's life around instead. Lee Parker and his friend Ivan White alerted police after they found the backpack in a garbage can in Elizabeth, NJ, Sunday night. Authorities say the bomb was...
Charges Filed Against Alleged Bomber Ahmad Rahami
'The sounds of bombs will be heard in the streets,' he wrote in a journal
- Championing jihad, bombing suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami vowed to martyr himself rather than be caught after setting off explosives in New York and New Jersey, and he'd hoped in a handwritten journal that "the sounds of bombs will be heard in the streets," authorities said Tuesday as...
Can Blacks 'Get a Little' Ahmad Rahami Treatment?
Meaning not getting gunned down whenever cops want to talk or apprehend them: Shaun King
- Shaun King is relieved cops caught New York/New Jersey bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami Monday. And he calls it "amazing" in his essay for the
New York Daily News
that the two police officers in Linden, NJ, who apprehended Rahami were able to bring in the armed 28-year-old alive, all...
Bombing Suspect's Dad Told Cops His Son Was a Terrorist
And then he took it back shortly after his 2014 statement
- The father of the suspect accused of two separate bombings in New York and New Jersey over the weekend, as well as planting bombs in a third location, reportedly told cops two years ago that his son, Ahmad Rahami , was a terrorist, two senior law enforcement officials tell the
Trump Unhappy About Hospital, Lawyer for Bomb Suspect
'He'll probably even have room service'
- Bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami was taken into custody after a shootout Monday—and Donald Trump is not happy about the standard of care he believes the 28-year-old Afghan immigrant is receiving. "Now we will give him amazing hospitalization. He will be taken care of by some of the best...
Bomb Suspect's Family Eatery Targeted on Yelp
Family complained about anti-Muslim bias years ago
- The adage "There's no such thing as bad publicity" probably doesn't ring true for the owners of First American Fried Chicken: The Elizabeth, NJ, restaurant is owned by the family of alleged bomber Ahmad Rahami , and Vice reports that its Yelp page is being spammed with negative...
What We Know About the Suspected NYC, NJ Bomber
Ahmad Rahami changed after a trip to Afghanistan, friends say
- Ahmad Rahami worked at his family's fried chicken restaurant in New Jersey, sometimes handing out free food to customers who were short on cash. His family let a local rapper and his friends host rap battles in the restaurant, and he liked to talk about street racing. But he...
Man Sought in NYC Bombing Taken Into Custody
Ahmad Kahn Rahami captured after shootout in Linden, NJ
- The 28-year-old sought for questioning in this weekend's bombings and near-bombings in New York City and New Jersey is in custody, reports CNN . The network says Ahmad Khan Rahami—a naturalized US citizen born in Afghanistan—was captured after a shootout with police, and AP reports the same. Images...
FBI Looking for 28-Year-Old in Connection to NYC Bombing
Afghan native Ahmad Khan Rahami is wanted for questioning
- Authorities have released their first "wanted" name in connection to Saturday night's Manhattan bombing. The FBI is looking for 28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahami, who is described as a naturalized US citizen born in Afghanistan. His last known address was in Elizabeth, NJ, where five more devices were found...
Popular on Newser
'Anxious' Jon Stewart Unloads on The Late Show
'They Were All Dead': SEAL Team Saves US Missionary
CDC Traces 116 Virus Cases to 1 Boy at Summer Camp
'Armed Trump Trolls' Surround Biden Bus in Scary Encounter
Warnings of a COVID 'Canary in a Coal Mine'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.