Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
No Charges in Police Shooting
of Keith Lamont Scott
Nov 30, 2016 11:33 AM CST
No Charges in Police Shooting of Keith Lamont Scott
DA found that North Carolina man was armed at the time
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer Brentley Vinson will not face charges over the fatal Sept. 20 shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in North Carolina, the
reports. Scott, a 43-year-old black man, was carrying a gun when he stepped out of his SUV during a confrontation with police officers outside his...
Charlotte Girl on
'I Can't Stand How
Sep 28, 2016 12:54 PM CDT
Charlotte Girl on Police Brutality: 'I Can't Stand How We're Treated'
Charlotte's 9-year-old Zianna Oliphant wept as she delivered her speech
- The shooting death of Keith Lamont Scott last week hit hard in Charlotte, NC. But someone who's feeling particular distress over it is young Zianna Oliphant, who spoke at a Charlotte City Council meeting Monday evening, addressing a hushed room with tears streaming down her cheeks as she spoke...
Gun Allegedly Found on
Keith Scott Was Stolen: Sources
Sep 27, 2016 1:50 PM CDT
Gun Allegedly Found on Keith Scott Was Stolen: Sources
And the man who allegedly stole it claims he sold it to Scott
- "Multiple sources" tell WBTV the gun Charlotte police say they found on Keith Scott after he was fatally shot by an officer had been reported stolen. Not only that, but sources say the man who allegedly stole the gun in a burglary claims he sold it to Scott. Scott...
Charlotte Police Release
Video of Shooting
Sep 24, 2016 7:08 PM CDT
Charlotte Police Release Video of Shooting
It does not show Keith Scott pointing a weapon
- In a reversal of course, police in Charlotte on Saturday released bodycam and dashcam footage from the fatal shooting of Keith Scott. (See it here via the
.) In addition to the video, police also released a photo of the gun they say was spotted in Scott's...
Sep 23, 2016 5:07 PM CDT
Pro Ballplayer Suspended Over Charlotte Police Shooting Tweets
The suspension will cost Steve Clevenger approximately $32K
- The Seattle Mariners have suspended a player without pay for tweets he made regarding the shooting death of Keith Scott in Charlotte, CBS Sports reports. "Black people beating whites when a thug got shot holding a gun by a black officer haha shit cracks me up! Keep kneeling for...
Family of Keith Scott Releases
Video of Charlotte Shooting
Sep 23, 2016 3:04 PM CDT
Family of Keith Scott Releases Video of Charlotte Shooting
The video was taken by Scott's wife, Rakeyia Scott
- The public received its first look at footage of the shooting death of Keith Scott at the hands of Charlotte police when lawyers for his family released cellphone video Friday showing the moments before and after he was killed, NBC News reports. The video was taken by Rakeyia Scott and...
Charlotte Cop Videos Raise
'More Questions Than Answers'
Sep 23, 2016 6:37 AM CDT
Charlotte Cop Videos Raise 'More Questions Than Answers'
City is calmer on 3rd night of protests
- Relatives of Charlotte man Keith Lamont Scott have seen police body camera videos from the scene of his shooting—and reached a very different conclusion from police. Family attorney Justin Bamberg tells the
that the family has "more questions than answers" after seeing the videos, which he...
Charlotte Police: No 'Definitive'
Video Proof Man Pointed Gun
Sep 22, 2016 12:24 PM CDT
Charlotte Police: No 'Definitive' Video Proof Man Pointed Gun
Family and neighbors have said Keith Scott was unarmed when shot by officer
- Body camera footage from the scene shows no proof Keith Scott pointed a gun at anybody before being shot and killed by an officer Tuesday in Charlotte, the
reports. "The video does not give me absolute, definitive visual evidence that could confirm that a person is pointing...
State of Emergency
Declared in Charlotte
Sep 22, 2016 6:46 AM CDT
State of Emergency Declared in Charlotte
'My heart bleeds for what our great city is going through'
- North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency Wednesday night in Charlotte after a second night of protests over the police shooting of a black man turned violent and the city's police chief said he needed the help. A peaceful prayer vigil turned into an angry march...
One Person Shot During
Protests in Charlotte
Sep 21, 2016 10:30 PM CDT
One Person Shot During Protests in Charlotte
Victim was not shot by police, says city
- Protests in Charlotte over Tuesday's police shooting of a black man turned violent on their second night Wednesday—one person was shot and seriously wounded, reports the
. (Initial reports that the man was dead have been walked back; he is reportedly on life support.) City officials...
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
1 Killed, 2 Hurt in Rampage on DC Metro
CDC: Stop Using These Eye Drops
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.