Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Nixes a Big
Sep 13, 2019 8:27 AM CDT
After Fans Protest, a YouTube Star Nixes a Big Donation
'PewDiePie,' accused in the past of racism, anti-Semitism, was going to give $50K to the ADL
- YouTube star Felix Kjellberg, better known as "PewDiePie," seemed to want to rehab his image after people accused him of putting up racist and anti-Semitic content on his channel. And so the 29-year-old Swede vowed earlier this week to donate $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League, an anti-hate...
A YouTube Giant Pleads
for Popular Meme to End
Apr 29, 2019 1:52 PM CDT
A YouTube Giant Pleads for Popular Meme to End
PewDiePie says 'subscribe to PewDiePie' must stop after New Zealand shooter spoke of it
- One lesser known fact from the New Zealand mosque massacres is that the gunman invoked the name of a popular YouTube star during the attack. "Subscribe to PewDiePie," urged the gunman, making use of a wildly popular online slogan. On Sunday, PewDiePie himself—aka Felix Kjellberg—posted a...
PewDiePie About to Lose
Crown as YouTube King
Oct 25, 2018 3:13 AM CDT
PewDiePie About to Lose Crown as YouTube King
Indian music channel will soon have more subscribers
- PewDiePie's long reign as the king of YouTube is about to come to an end. The Swede, who turned 29 on Wednesday, has had the most popular channel on YouTube since 2013, but he is just days away from being overtaken by T-Series , a Mumbai-based entertainment company that posts...
Disney Cuts Ties With
YouTube's Biggest Star
Feb 14, 2017 2:29 AM CST
Disney Cuts Ties With YouTube's Biggest Star
PewDiePie paid men to hold 'Death to Jews' banner
- Felix Kjellberg—better known as PewDiePie—is YouTube's highest-paid star, making an estimated $15 million last year, but he has lost his deal with Disney over posts deemed to have crossed the line from "provocative and irreverent" to simply hateful. Disney said it was cutting its ties with...
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
Longest-Living President Celebrates 98th Birthday
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
7 Big Issues on New Supreme Court Docket
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.