Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sean Spicer Says He's Suing
Biden Over Academy Ousting
Sep 9, 2021 10:35 AM CDT
Sean Spicer Says He's Suing Biden Over Academy Ousting
AOC slams Conway amid uproar over firing of Trump appointees from military academies
- The Biden administration has ousted 18 people former President Trump appointed to military academy advisory boards in his final months in office—and some of them aren't going quietly. Trump allies including former press secretary Sean Spicer received letters Wednesday saying their positions would be terminated at 6pm that...
Biden to Trump Allies on
Military Academy Boards:
Resign or Be Fired
Sep 8, 2021 4:53 PM CDT
Biden to Trump Allies on Military Academy Boards: Resign or Be Fired
Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer were among 18 who received letters Wednesday
- The Biden administration moved Wednesday to oust 18 allies of Donald Trump who were named to US military academy boards in the final months of the Republican president's term in office. Cathy Russell, director of the White House Presidential Personnel Office, sent letters to 18 people named to the...
Plea in Death
May 10, 2018 5:26 PM CDT
Nurse Reveals Plea in Death of McMaster's Father
Christann Gainey, 30, is charged with manslaughter
- A nurse intends to plead not guilty in the death of President Trump's former national security adviser's father at a Philadelphia senior care facility, her lawyer says. Thirty-year-old Christann Gainey was charged Thursday with involuntary manslaughter, neglect, and records tampering in HR McMaster Sr.'s death, the...
Father of Former
Trump Adviser Dies
Apr 19, 2018 10:50 AM CDT
Father of Former Trump Adviser Dies Under 'Suspicious' Circumstances
Authorities said to be investigating possible institutional neglect in case of HR McMaster Sr.
- The father of former National Security Adviser HR McMaster died April 13, and sources tell 6ABC the death has been labeled as suspicious. HR McMaster Sr., 84, died at Cathedral Village, a senior living facility in Philadelphia's Roxborough neighborhood where he'd been receiving care after having a stroke....
John Bolton Is
Mar 22, 2018 6:13 PM CDT
John Bolton Is Trump's New National Security Adviser
HR McMaster is resigning
- President Trump is getting his third national security adviser in the first 14 months of his presidency, Reuters reports. Current national security adviser Lt. Gen. HR McMaster is resigning, to be replaced by John Bolton on April 9. "I am very thankful for the service of General H.R....
Report: White House Aides
Betting on Who'll Be Axed Next
Mar 16, 2018 5:48 AM CDT
Report: White House Aides Betting on Who'll Be Axed Next
The smart money might be on HR McMaster
- The rate of firings in the White House will soon exceed anything seen on
, reports the
, citing "five people with knowledge" of President Trump's plans. The sources say that as part of a shake-up, Trump has decided to get rid of National Security Adviser...
Mar 1, 2018 4:38 PM CST
White House Losing Another High-Profile Member: Report
Sources say HR McMaster will be replaced as Trump's national security adviser
- A day after Hope Hicks announced her resignation from the White House, "five people familiar with the discussions" say the Trump administration will be losing yet another high-profile member. In an exclusive report, NBC News states the White House will be replacing HR McMaster as national security adviser. The...
McMaster's White House
Exit May Be Near: Report
Feb 22, 2018 11:00 AM CST
McMaster's White House Exit May Be Near: Report
Sources tell CNN he may rejoin the military
- Could HR McMaster be the next figure to leave the White House? It's possible, according to CNN , reporting on "months of personal tension" between the national security adviser and President Trump. Six defense and administration officials tell the network the strained relationship is enough that the Pentagon is...
Report: US Considers Giving
North Korea a 'Bloody Nose'
Jan 9, 2018 8:48 AM CST
Report: US Considers Giving North Korea a 'Bloody Nose'
Here's what we could potentially target
- At its face, it seems like good news: The first high-level talks between the Koreas in more than two years has brought a thaw in relations and a promise to send North Koreans to next month's Pyeongchang Olympics. But as the
Wall Street Journal
warns, don't mistake the...
McMaster: Potential for War
With North Korea Grows Daily
Dec 3, 2017 3:39 PM CST
McMaster: Potential for War With North Korea Grows Daily
He thinks China should get tougher
- Over two days, two sets of strong words about North Korea. During a Saturday speech in California, White House national security adviser HR McMaster said the possibility of war with the Hermit Kingdom is "increasing every day, which means that we are in a race, really, we are in...
Work Orders Offer
'Rare Glimpse' Into WH
Dec 1, 2017 9:11 AM CST
Work Orders Offer 'Rare Glimpse' Into WH Maintenance Issues
Like mice, roaches, ants, and a toilet seat for the Oval Office
- Remember when President Trump reportedly called the White House a "real dump" ? The
New York Post
notes that, at least in terms of maintenance issues, that observation may not be entirely inaccurate. Hundreds of work orders for the White House were submitted in 2017, and News4 got its...
Sources Say McMaster
Called Trump a 'Dope'
Nov 20, 2017 7:12 PM CST
Sources Say McMaster Called Trump a 'Dope'
BuzzFeed spoke to multiple people, though others deny the accusations
- A charged allegation from five sources: National Security Adviser HR McMaster, while at dinner with the CEO of tech company Oracle, insulted President Trump's intelligence, the sources say. They tell BuzzFeed McMaster was meeting with Safra Catz, who served on Trump's transition team and whose name has come...
North Korea Slams US
'Surprise Nuclear Drill'
Nov 3, 2017 6:26 AM CDT
North Korea Slams US 'Surprise Nuclear Drill'
McMaster says Trump won't hold back in Asia talks
- The North Korea situation is heating up again—just in time for President Trump's visit to the region. On Thursday, two Guam-based American B-1B Lancer strategic bombers joined Japanese and South Korean jets for drills near the Korean Peninsula, Reuters reports. American authorities describe the exercises as a routine...
Aug 22, 2017 5:31 AM CDT
Breitbart Slams Trump 'Flip-Flop' on Afghanistan
Generals talked Trump into changing mind
- In what some of his critics on the right saw as a decision as bad as looking at the eclipse without glasses , President Trump announced Monday night that he is going against his "original instinct" and reaffirming the US commitment in Afghanistan instead of pulling troops out. Trump had...
Shook Up Plans
for Bannon's Exit
Aug 21, 2017 3:11 AM CDT
How Charlottesville Shook Up Plans for Bannon's Exit
He says it's the most divided administration in history
- Steve Bannon had planned an orderly departure from the White House, but it was scuppered by the violence in Charlottesville, insiders say. Sources tell the
New York Times
that new White House chief of staff John Kelly told the White House strategist in July that he would have to leave...
As Trump Feels Heat, His Aide
Calls Va. Violence 'Terrorism'
Aug 13, 2017 10:15 AM CDT
As Trump Feels Heat, His Aide Calls Va. Violence 'Terrorism'
President takes flak for not specifically calling out white supremacists
- A day after a young woman was killed while protesting against a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, President Trump's national security adviser, HR McMaster, said the acts of violence committed by racists during the rally meet "the definition of terrorism," the AP reports. On Sunday, McMaster said,...
Trump Should Fear Damage
Bannon Can Do In White House
Aug 9, 2017 5:50 PM CDT
Trump Should Fear Damage Bannon Can Do In White House
In Bannon-McMaster tiff, McMaster isn't the real problem, 'WSJ' editors warn
- New White House chief of staff John Kelly certainly has his fair share of challenges ahead of him—and one of them might be mitigating a coordinated alt-right attack against President Trump's national security adviser. The
Wall Street Journal
editorial board weighs in on what appears to be a...
McMaster: The Real Problem
Isn't What Trump Said
May 16, 2017 12:30 PM CDT
McMaster: The Real Problem Isn't What Trump Said
It's the leak, says the national security adviser
- National Security Adviser HR McMaster stepped up his defense of President Trump Tuesday and sought to change the narrative of the classified-info flap : The problem isn't what Trump said, he argued, it's the leak. In a White House briefing, McMaster said that what Trump told visiting Russian diplomats...
N. Korea Is a
SUNDAY TALK SHOWS
Apr 30, 2017 9:37 AM CDT
McMaster: N. Korea Is a 'Grave Threat'
Pyongyang's latest missile test in 'open defiance of the international community'
- White House National Security Adviser HR McMaster says North Korea's most recent missile test represents "open defiance of the international community." He says North Korea poses "a grave threat" not just to the United States and its Asian allies, but also to China. Speaking on
McMaster: 'Range of Options'
to Deal With N. Korea
Apr 16, 2017 12:31 PM CDT
McMaster: 'Range of Options' to Deal With N. Korea
Slams 'provocative and destabilizing and threatening behavior' of Kim Jong Un
- Citing Pyongyang's failed missile launch as part of "a pattern of provocative and destabilizing and threatening behavior on the part of the North Korean regime," National Security Adviser HR McMaster said Sunday that the United States is developing a "range of options" to counter Kim Jong...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
A Game for the Ages Sparks Call for Rule Change
Palin Tests Positive for COVID, NYT Trial Delayed
A.I. Has Changed Poker, and Maybe Killed Its 'Soul'
After Another Attack, a New Subway Warning
Female Tourist Detained After Giving Nazi Salute at Auschwitz
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.