Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Who Sold Ammo to
Vegas Shooter Sentenced
Jun 30, 2020 5:36 PM CDT
Man Who Sold Ammo to Vegas Shooter Sentenced
Douglas Haig gets 13 months
- An Arizona man was sentenced Tuesday to 13 months in federal prison for selling home-loaded bullets to the gunman who unleashed the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history, killing 58 people in the Las Vegas Strip in Oct. 2017. Douglas Haig, 57, also was sentenced to three years of...
59th Victim of Las Vegas
Mass Shooting Dies
Nov 19, 2019 6:47 AM CST
59th Victim of Las Vegas Mass Shooting Dies
Kim Gervais died a little more than 2 years after the nation's worst mass shooting
- The nation's worst mass shooting has claimed another victim. The
reports that Kimberly Gervais, 57—who was shot and suffered spinal injuries after the 2017 shooting in Las Vegas, losing all feeling in her legs and most of the use of her arms—died Friday in California, per...
the Vegas Shooter
Jan 29, 2019 12:13 PM CST
FBI Shares What Inspired the Vegas Shooter
Stephen Paddock wanted infamy and mass destruction
- A high-stakes gambler who rained down a hail of gunfire, killing 58 people from his high-rise casino suite in Las Vegas, wanted infamy and mass destruction, the FBI told the AP Tuesday, but took whatever motive might stretch beyond that to his grave. "It wasn't about MGM, Mandalay...
Jan 28, 2019 8:31 AM CST
Unnamed Donor: Here's $62K, Destroy Vegas Shooter's Guns
Anonymous businessman wants money to be split among deceased victims' families
- Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock left behind 50 or so firearms in the wake of the mass shooting that killed nearly five dozen people in October 2017, but what happened to those guns? If an anonymous donor—identified as a "San Francisco software executive" by the
'Deliberate Act of Compassion'
a Year After Vegas Shooting
Oct 2, 2018 12:27 AM CDT
'Deliberate Act of Compassion' a Year After Vegas Shooting
Casinos dimmed their lights amid somber tributes
- The marquees on the glimmering Las Vegas Strip dimmed their lights for three minutes Monday night as officials slowly read the 58 names of the people killed one year earlier in the country's deadliest mass shooting in modern history . The names of the slain were recited before a silent...
Vegas Hairdresser Recalls
Disturbing Talk of Paddock
May 23, 2018 7:15 PM CDT
Vegas Hairdresser Recalls Disturbing Talk of Paddock
Client with that name spoke of how easy it would be to shoot at a concert on Vegas Strip
- A hairstylist said in documents released by police Wednesday that a client named Paddock spoke in the months before the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history that a Las Vegas Strip concert venue was susceptible to attack, reports the AP . The Police Department released about 2,100 pages of...
Housekeeper: Paddock Acted
Strangely Days Before Shooting
May 17, 2018 1:39 AM CDT
Housekeeper: Paddock Acted Strangely Days Before Shooting
She says he wouldn't stop staring at her
- Days before he carried out the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history, Stephen Paddock's odd behavior disturbed a housekeeper at the Mandalay Bay hotel. The housekeeper, whose account was among 1,200 pages of witness statements released by Las Vegas police Wednesday, says that when she cleaned his...
Footage From Vegas Massacre
Out: 'Breach, Breach, Breach'
May 3, 2018 7:28 AM CDT
Footage From Vegas Massacre Out: 'Breach, Breach, Breach'
About 160 minutes of video released
- Las Vegas police have released body cam footage from officers who stormed gunman Stephen Paddock's Mandalay Bay hotel suite on Oct. 1. The videos are graphic, a word used by Sheriff Joe Lombardo Tuesday in describing the release of what the
Las Vegas Review-Journal
reports is a total of...
New Video of Vegas Shooter
Shows 'True Mark of Sociopath'
Mar 23, 2018 4:50 PM CDT
New Video of Vegas Shooter Shows 'True Mark of Sociopath'
Surveillance video shows Stephen Paddock eating sushi, tipping hotel staff
- New surveillance video of Stephen Paddock in the days before he killed 58 people from his hotel room window in Las Vegas shows nothing out of the ordinary, and that's what troubles Randy Sutton. "A guy who can order lunch knowing that he's going to kill people...
Vegas Gunman Autopsy: Bad
Teeth, Overweight, No Drugs
Feb 10, 2018 7:00 AM CST
Vegas Gunman Autopsy: Bad Teeth, Overweight, No Drugs
No substances in Stephen Paddock's system that would have caused aggressiveness
- The much anticipated autopsy report on Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock did nothing to help explain why he carried out the deadliest shooting in modern US history—his body didn't hold diseases or drugs or other substances that could have caused aggressive behavior. In fact, it showed he was...
Man Who Sold Ammo to
Las Vegas Shooter Charged
Feb 2, 2018 7:08 PM CST
Man Who Sold Ammo to Las Vegas Shooter Charged
Douglas Haig charged with manufacturing armor-piercing bullets
- An Arizona man who sold ammunition to the gunman who carried out the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history was charged Friday with manufacturing armor-piercing bullets, the AP reports. Unfired armor-piercing bullets found inside the Las Vegas hotel room where Stephen Paddock launched the attack on Oct. 1 contained...
2nd 'Person of Interest' Named
in Vegas Shooting Investigation
Jan 31, 2018 5:42 AM CST
2nd 'Person of Interest' Named in Vegas Shooting Investigation
'I'm the guy that sold ammunition to Stephen Paddock'
- Another "person of interest" authorities wanted to talk to after the Las Vegas mass shooting was identified Tuesday when his name was accidentally left unredacted in case records released to the
Las Vegas Review-Journal
. The October document named Douglas Haig as somebody "who may have conspired with Stephen...
Sheriff Goes 'Against Normal
Protocols' on Vegas Massacre
Jan 20, 2018 7:09 AM CST
Sheriff Goes 'Against Normal Protocols' on Vegas Massacre
Releases preliminary report, photos of scene
- "I am going against normal protocols," said Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo Friday in his first public comments in two months on the Oct. 1 massacre in his city. They came as police released an 81-page preliminary investigative report along with photos of the scene—an atypical move...
More Questions After FBI
Releases Vegas Shooting Files
Jan 13, 2018 1:43 PM CST
More Questions After FBI Releases Vegas Shooting Files
Still no hint at Stephen Paddock's motive
- The FBI unsealed 315 pages of search warrant affidavits related to the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history on Friday, the AP reports. But the documents still don't answer the big question: Why did Stephen Paddock kill 58 people and wound more than 500 others from his Las...
Man Opens Fire From
Nov 29, 2017 4:32 AM CST
Man Opens Fire From Nevada High-Rise
Gunman shot from building where Paddock once lived
- A gunman with a hostage opened fire from the eighth floor of a luxury high-rise condominium in Nevada onto the streets below Tuesday night, authorities say. No injuries were reported. The man died Tuesday after a SWAT team descended on him while he was barricaded at the Montage, Reno police...
Las Vegas Shooter Was
Losing Money, Sheriff Says
Nov 3, 2017 12:47 PM CDT
Las Vegas Shooter Was Losing Money, Sheriff Says
'I think that might have been a determining factor on what he was determined to do'
- What pushed Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock to kill 58 people and wound more than 500 others last month? It's still not clear, but in a new interview with Vegas' 8 News Now , Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo says that while the 64-year-old was "status-driven based on how...
Vegas Gunman Shot Self in
Head, but His Brain Is 'Usable'
Oct 27, 2017 2:10 AM CDT
Vegas Gunman Shot Self in Head, but His Brain Is 'Usable'
'Usable' for the purpose of examination by a neuropathologist, that is
- Dr. Hannes Vogel will be slicing up Stephen Paddock's brain next week—but he doubts he will find anything that could explain why he massacred 58 people. Vogel, director of neuropathology at Stanford University Medical Center tells the
New York Times
that he will "leave no stone unturned"...
Why Investigators Got No Clues
From Vegas Shooter's Laptop
Oct 25, 2017 4:33 PM CDT
Why Investigators Got No Clues From Vegas Shooter's Laptop
The hard drive is missing
- Investigators had hoped a laptop found in the Las Vegas hotel room from which Stephen Paddock killed 58 people and wounded 500 more would shed light on his motive. But there was a problem: the hard drive was missing. ABC News reports investigators believe Paddock removed the hard drive before...
Oct 25, 2017 1:05 PM CDT
Vegas Shooter's Brother Arrested
Police believe Bruce Paddock possesses child porn
- One brother of the Las Vegas shooter is in police custody himself, suspected of possessing child pornography, the AP reports. Bruce Paddock, 58, was arrested Wednesday while he was awaiting surgery for spinal stenosis at a Los Angeles assisted-living facility, NBC News reports. Bruce Paddock told news outlets after the...
Victim Wakes Up
Oct 15, 2017 8:47 AM CDT
Vegas Shooting Victim Wakes Up
Tina Frost had been in coma since being shot in head in mass shooting
- A Maryland native who has been in a coma since being injured in a mass shooting at a concert in Las Vegas has woken up and taken her first steps, reports the AP . According to a GoFundMe page set up for Tina Frost, the 27-year-old on Friday took three steps...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Alec Baldwin Sued by Family of Fallen Marine
FBI Searches Congressman's Home
After Subway Push, Driver Stops With Inches to Spare
Report Incriminates Ex-Pope on Sex Abuse Cases
Tongans Celebrate 'Real Life Aquaman' Who Survived Tsunami
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.