Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Woman Who Stopped
Shooter Foils Stereotypes
Aug 22, 2013 1:59 PM CDT
Woman Who Stopped Shooter Foils Stereotypes
Antoinette Tuff uses empathy, heart in Atlanta incident
- The NRA may tell us that guns are our only defense against mass shooters, but on Tuesday Antoinette Tuff proved that's not true. "In this story, the only thing that stopped a bad guy with a gun was a good woman with a heart," writes Joan Walsh...
It's Your Turn
to Apologize, Ann Romney
Apr 13, 2012 9:26 AM CDT
It's Your Turn to Apologize, Ann Romney
Or at least it would be if Democrats had the GOP's killer instinct
- In Republicans' rush to make the most of Hilary Rosen's statement that Ann Romney " never worked a day in her life ," the aggrieved spouse herself told Fox News, "I know what it's like to struggle." Joan Walsh of Salon was shocked, and she's...
to Dr. Laura:
Aug 19, 2010 7:49 AM CDT
Sarah Palin to Dr. Laura: 'Don't Retreat ... Reload!'
"b thankful 4 her voice, America!'
- Not content to sit on the sidelines, um, ever, Sarah Palin swooped in with some words of advice for Dr.Laura, the N-word dropping, former radio host . "Don't retreat ... reload!" she advised, via Twitter . Dr. Laura was forced to step down because her First Amendment rights "ceased...
Left Lacks Wackos
Like Limbaugh, Beck
Apr 22, 2010 12:11 PM CDT
Left Lacks Wackos Like Limbaugh, Beck
Joan Walsh of Salon defends her answer on 'Morning Joe'
- Righty bloggers are teeing off on Joan Walsh of Salon because of her appearance on
yesterday, in which she maintained that liberals have no voices as extreme as Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. (NewsBusters weighs in with a list here , with Keith Olbermann's name in capital letters.)...
Blindingly White MSNBC Guilty of Hypocrisy
Nov 24, 2009 7:29 AM CST
Blindingly White MSNBC Guilty of Hypocrisy
'Monochromatic' commentators shouldn't slam Palin crowds
- MSNBC commentators sneering at the lack of minorities lining up to buy Sarah Palin's book should start their quest for diversity a little closer to home, writes Michelle Malkin . Take a look at Chris Matthews and Norah O'Donnell, who complained about the "monochromatic" Palin crowds, and the MSNBC lineup...
Palin Hints at
Beck in 2012
Nov 19, 2009 5:28 AM CST
Palin Hints at Ticket With Beck in 2012
'He's so bold,' gushes Sarah
- Duck and cover. Sarah Palin made only positive noises when asked about a possible run at the presidency with Glenn Beck as her running mate. "I can envision a couple of different combinations if ever I were to consider running for anything in the future. But Glenn Beck I...
With Race in Play,
Sep 14, 2009 12:15 PM CDT
With Race in Play, Obama's White Support Softens
Poll numbers plummeted amid Sotomayor, Gates controversies
- President Obama’s downward opinion-poll trajectory among whites seems to be linked to the “blackening” of his image, writes Joan Walsh in Salon. It accelerated during two racially charged moments this summer: Sonia Sotomayor’s nomination to the Supreme Court, marked with debate over her “wise Latina” comment,...
To Work Or
Not to Work?
Apr 3, 2007 1:34 PM CDT
To Work Or Not to Work?
Provocative book worries about women giving up good careers to be trophy moms
- The feminist generation gap gets a sharp appraisal in "The Feminine Mistake," the new book by Leslie Bennetts that questions why so many upscale young women are abandoning careers for children. Joan Walsh finds it a refreshing rebuttal to recent paens to motherhood, especially since Bennetts recognizes that ...
Popular on Newser
Illinois Has a New Name for 'Delicious' Invasive Species
After Guilty Verdict, Defendant Downs Drink in Court and Dies
National Archives Fact-Checks Trump on Obama Documents
Sinema Received $1M Haul, Then Killed Tax Hike on Rich Investors
Star's Suspension Shakes Up MLB
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.