Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Cop Was Acquitted of Killing Unarmed Teen. Then, Shots
Someone opened fire on ex-cop Michael Rosfield's lawyer's office early Saturday
- The father of a slain black teenager pleaded for peace Saturday after the acquittal of a white police officer triggered an apparent retaliatory shooting at the defense attorney's office and touched off protests in the streets of Pittsburgh, reports the AP . The verdict late Friday in the deadly shooting...
White Ex-Cop Acquitted in Fatal Shooting of Black Teen
Michael Rosfeld found not guilty in shooting death of 17-year-old Antwon Rose II outside Pittsburgh
- A jury on Friday acquitted a white former police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager in the back as he was fleeing a high-stakes traffic stop outside Pittsburgh, a confrontation that was captured on video and led to weeks of unrest. Former East Pittsburgh police officer Michael Rosfeld...
Suit: Cop Shot Unarmed Teen 'Without Warning'
Excessive force alleged in Antwon Rose's June death
- A lawsuit alleging "excessive and deadly force" has followed a homicide charge in the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teenager in East Pittsburgh. "It is time that we begin to seek answers," a lawyer tells ABC News of the federal suit filed Tuesday on behalf...
Cop Who Shot Antwon Rose as He Fled Charged With Homicide
Officer Michael Rosfeld appeared in City Court in Pittsburgh
- Hours after being sworn in with the East Pittsburgh Police Department, Officer Michael Rosfeld shot Antwon Rose. Now the cop has been charged in connection with the June 19 killing. Philly.com reports Rosfeld appeared in City Court in Pittsburgh Wednesday to face one count of criminal homicide. He...
Black Sedan Bulls Through Police-Shooting Protest
Hundreds engage in protest on the streets of Pittsburgh
- Hundreds of people hit the streets of Pittsburgh on Friday for the third straight night to protest the police shooting of an unarmed teen, the
reports. Angry over the death of Antwon Rose, 17, the protesters stopped and sang outside PNC Park just before 10pm as fans tried...
Medical Examiner Weighs In on Unarmed Teen Shot by Cop
Antwon Rose's death has been ruled a homicide
- More details are emerging about the death of 17-year-old Antwon Rose, and none of them good. The unarmed Pennsylvania teen was shot dead in East Pittsburgh on Tuesday after he fled a car that had been pulled over in a traffic stop. ABC News reports his death has been ruled...
Cop Who Killed 17-Year-Old Sworn Into Duty That Night
Pittsburgh TV station says officer who shot teen Antwon Rose was in his 20s
- Two Pittsburgh TV stations are reporting an unusual twist in the story of a police officer who fatally shot a teen fleeing from a traffic stop on Tuesday night—it seems the officer had been officially sworn into duty only earlier that same night. The officer has not been identified,...
'He Just Shot That Boy for Running': Traffic Stop Turns Fatal
No weapon was found on teen's body
- A police officer fatally shot a 17-year-old boy just seconds after he fled from a traffic stop late Tuesday in a confrontation partly captured on video from a nearby home, the AP reports. Investigators said Wednesday that the car stopped in the town of East Pittsburgh matched the description of...
Popular on Newser
Months After Recovery, COVID Survivors Report an Oddity
Cops: Restaurant Owner Went to Extremes to Violate Lockdown
We Don't Use Our Thumbs the Way Neanderthals Did
Trump Loses Again on Pennsylvania's Count
'Hottest Doctor' Gets in Hot Water Over Party Pics
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.