Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Read our complete coverage here »
Cause of Death for Founder of Aid Group Revealed
White Helmets' James Le Mesurier fell last month from third-floor apartment
- One of the founders of a renowned humanitarian group died as the result of a fall from his third-story apartment in Turkey, reports the BBC . A post-mortem report on James Le Mesurier, who helped launch the White Helmets group in Syria, determined his cause of death to be "general...
Founder of Syria's White Helmets Group Dies
James Le Mesurier helped start the volunteer rescue organization
- A former British army officer who helped found the White Helmets volunteer organization in Syria was found dead in Istanbul early Monday, Turkish officials and the group said. James Le Mesurier's body was found near his home in the Beyoglu district, the state-run Anadolu news agency reported. The Istanbul...
Subjects of Oscar-Winning Documentary Now on the Run
Members of 'White Helmets' rescue group evacuated from Syria; hundreds still trapped
- A mass evacuation in Syria over the weekend has called renewed attention to a group known as the White Helmets that operates in the country. Some basics:
Formally known as the Syrian Civil Defense, the White Helmets is a largely volunteer network of Syrians who venture out after
Popular on Newser
Ex-Biden Aide Makes Harrowing Accusation
US City's Outbreak Is 'Off the Charts'
Twilight Zone Episodes Seem Even Eerier Now
She Said Virus Coverage Was to Hurt Trump. Now, a Parting
The National Guard Seeks Fleeing New Yorkers
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.